PDA

View Full Version : UNI TAB today

ixlat0
2nd October 2011, 07:49 PM
i emailed the following to TattsBet today

Sun 2-10-2011 Flemington race 7

there appears to be a discrepancy between the TAB column and the results window for the winner December Draw eg TAB column shows win $2.4 Place $1.8 yet results window displays Win $1.6 Place $1.10

which is the error? -- what is the correct Win price?

Thank you for your email

We have experienced some technical difficulties today with our web site, and apologise for any inconvenience caused
did anybody else notice the technical errors today?

if the correct price was $2.4 then a lot of punters were short changed today bcoz it was best TAB price as well -- the others were $2.2 -- the displayed $1.6 looked a bit short

UselessBettor
2nd October 2011, 08:28 PM
nice pick up. Very well spotted.

Stix
4th October 2011, 01:19 PM
Having more issues today......the site is down!

darkydog2002
4th October 2011, 03:12 PM
Gees.Dont I know it.
Some of these other sites are like dragging teeth.

The Elk
4th October 2011, 03:33 PM
It was initially a planned outage for upgrades that morphed into an extended planned outage.

Love it - especially afterI finished writing code to check their race times against Betfair, a day to relax me thinks :-)

OM SHARNTEE
4th October 2011, 05:08 PM
Late notice --
But you can still get all the info here

http://secure.tabonline.com.au/2011/10/04/mtgraces.html

OM SHARNTEE
4th October 2011, 06:03 PM
They are Back !!!
Just in tjme for the last at townsville ?

The Ocho
4th October 2011, 07:12 PM
All new web site but can't access any results. It just comes up as "Raceday page for selected date not found." That's for ANY date.

There goes back checking anything where form is a factor. :rolleyes:

Sportz
4th October 2011, 10:50 PM
In response to the original post, I assume that the $1.60 was the correct price. I saw that dividend and was amazed as it was so much shorter than anywhere else.

But this is what I think might have happened. On Sunday, they were clearly having awful trouble and the approximate divs that were showing on screen weren't up to date, and they weren't changing. They were explaining this on the radio at the time. So what I think has happened is that punters saw a higher price for December Draw on Unitab compared to other totes and they all continued to jump on, therefore unknowingly smashing the price down to $1.60. Well, that's my possible theory anyway.

ixlat0
4th October 2011, 11:58 PM
Sportz -- you may well be right but if that were the case then i would expect the win pool to be much bigger than normal and you would expect the quinella dividend to be much smaller as well -- the win pool was quite small and UNI Tab paid Q$9.8 cf NSW Q$8.9

Sportz
5th October 2011, 12:35 AM
Hmmm, okay. Well, I don't know. Perhaps the TAB system was playing up so much that some punters couldn't get their bets on or maybe some refused to bet because they didn't know what their horse was really paying!

It's a real mystery. I was stunned when I saw the odds compared to the other TABs.

The Ocho
5th October 2011, 07:53 AM
All new web site but can't access any results. It just comes up as "Raceday page for selected date not found." That's for ANY date.

There goes back checking anything where form is a factor. :rolleyes:
I'm not sure if anyone else back checks the results section of Unitab but I did when I needed to know either the Unitab ratings or whether a horse finished first last start (or any other form factor). Now, as it's not working, I can't do that. Can anyone else access this area?

I'm in Victoria and don't have an account with them. Can someone with an account please email them and ask about the results service?

:(

Shaun
5th October 2011, 10:12 AM
Looks like they well and truly screwed us all.

Bhagwan
5th October 2011, 11:00 AM
One can see that it was designed by a mob who don't punt at all.

The print is made smaller than before with heaps of empty space around it - Why?

Hopefully the 2 years of past results will be re-instated.

It is still not a patch on the old Black background version they once had.
The navigation on that was brilliant.

They should have a move forward/ backward key as they once had.

I feel this upgrade is worse than the previous upgrade, especially with the smaller print size.

peterpan
5th October 2011, 12:15 PM
As far as the small print..........hold down the control key on your keyboard and scroll in or out with your mouse wheel.

Shaun
5th October 2011, 12:30 PM
Up until today that old site with the black background worked, but they have removed it now.

PS just checked those site are still there and you can do all your backtesting just change the date.

ixlat0
5th October 2011, 09:10 PM
Sportz

Perhaps the TAB system was playing up so much that some punters couldn't get their bets on or maybe some refused to bet because they didn't know what their horse was really paying!

i'd say you were spot on this time :)

i've completed an analysis to try and explain the unusually low dividend --comparing pool size between RACE 6 and RACE 7 (Turnbull Stakes)

NSW + 46.5%
STAB + 61.5%
UNI Tab - 35.5%

it looks like their system crashed at the wrong time which was unfortunate for those punters who had placed their bets early -- it seems a great % were on the winning horse!

place2win
5th October 2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.tabonline.com.au/cgi-bin/flashback.pl?page=/today.htm

Try the above and save to Favourites