PDA

View Full Version : Most ever users

Chrome Prince
29th January 2012, 02:30 PM
The most ever users online was 28th June 2007 at 7:30am.
So out of curiosity what was happening in racing on this day?

Well there was a Listed race at Gosford featuring Newtons Rings Mustard and German Chocolate. Newton's Rings won it.

Went through the Wednesday and the Friday, nothing spectacular.

Seems it was purely an anomaly.

darkydog2002
29th January 2012, 02:39 PM
Hmm.
On the other site theres only Bing and Bot.

Rogan Josh
29th January 2012, 02:43 PM
So out of curiosity what was happening in racing on this day?

Well there was a Listed race at Gosford featuring Newtons Rings Mustard and German Chocolate. Newton's Rings won it.

Went through the Wednesday and the Friday, nothing spectacular.

Seems it was purely an anomaly.
Was it launch-day of this (then new) site?

darkydog2002
29th January 2012, 02:59 PM
No.It was going long before that.

Rogan Josh
29th January 2012, 03:04 PM
Was it launch-day of this (then new) site?
They changed the forum software platform back a bit, which is what I'm referring to.

Chrome Prince
29th January 2012, 04:36 PM
Bingo, think you could be on the money there RJ.
Software upgrade which made me join the forum when I was aged 7. :D

Shaun
29th January 2012, 05:40 PM
Your lucky chrome i was just sperm in my dads ball sack.

AngryPixie
30th January 2012, 11:58 AM

That was an age ago. Where have they all gone? That's the real story.

The site needs to start becoming more tablet and mobile friendly.

Mr. Logic
31st January 2012, 07:18 AM
The site needs to start becoming more tablet and mobile friendly.
So let me get you right. The conclusion of what you are saying is that people with hobby sites and blogs and small businesses battling to make a dollar on the internet should collectively spend hundreds of millions of dollars on IT Support to make their sites more tablet and mobile friendly because multi billion dollar companies have decided to provide access to the internet not just through your standard desk top and portable computers, which are perfectly fine for these web sites, but through smaller than hand size mobile phones and tablets - with access to the internet via mobile phone technology in its infancy and at this stage a flawed technology.

How about these multi billion dollar companies spending money to improve their technology so it becomes more blog and web site friendly to all the web sites and blogs that are perfectly fine for people to access and use on their standard desk top and portable computers?

AngryPixie
1st February 2012, 03:27 PM
So let me get you right. The conclusion of what you are saying is that people with hobby sites and blogs and small businesses battling to make a dollar on the internet should collectively spend hundreds of millions of dollars on IT Support to make their sites more tablet and mobile friendly because multi billion dollar companies have decided to provide access to the internet not just through your standard desk top and portable computers, which are perfectly fine for these web sites, but through smaller than hand size mobile phones and tablets - with access to the internet via mobile phone technology in its infancy and at this stage a flawed technology.

No... don't think I said that.

How about these multi billion dollar companies spending money to improve their technology so it becomes more blog and web site friendly to all the web sites and blogs that are perfectly fine for people to access and use on their standard desk top and portable computers?

Yes perhaps they should and some of the devices I’ve used do have a decent crack at reformatting the page for you. We’re just getting to useable screen sizes for browsing now. I’m sporting one of these at present and finding the screen very useable for browsing whilst commuting.

Samsung Galaxy Note (http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note/index.html)

Like it or not though the “touch” thing in our pockets and purses is with us to stay for quite a while. Having said that though, I did just spent an hour this morning boldly predicting to my staff that the stylus (active pen) is going to make a big comeback. I miss my old HP TC1100 with WinXP Tablet and a pen. :(