PDA

View Full Version : Daily Race List ( Excel 2007 )

Puntz
8th February 2012, 10:52 AM
So that the other thread, ( Shaun's Excel Lessons) don't get cluttered with race list uploads, I'll post them here when time permits, ( late nights, trips around the world and dysfunctional GPS trackers may cause delays)

Hopefully by the end of the month I'll have it macro's out, still needs tweaking.
Comments, ideas appreciated.

Puntz
9th February 2012, 10:12 AM
race list !

I don't about what others do with race lists in time order, it may depend on each individual's "architecture" of things. On my side of the street it's part of a whole system's architecture.
I know there was once web page, I think it was ACT racing, not sure, but they provided a daily race list in time order, limited though, but they did provide it.

Anyway, had some time up today, first HORSE race on the card is in a couple of hours
Good Luck!

Shaun
9th February 2012, 10:26 AM
http://www.ozbet.com.au/ provide races in time order

Puntz
9th February 2012, 01:05 PM
Yep, it used to be here a while back,I think.

http://www.racenet.com.au/Canberra-raceclub-act/

Used to say, "printable race times" or something.

lomaca
10th February 2012, 11:23 AM
Yep, it used to be here a while back,I think.

http://www.racenet.com.au/Canberra-raceclub-act/

Used to say, "printable race times" or something.http://www.skychannel.com.au/racing/index.php
set "Display" to day's rundown
"code" to Thoroughbreds click update and you have a list of races in time order.

norisk
10th February 2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.tab.com.au/Racing/Information/DisplayRacingSchedule.aspx?State=1

change 'code' to 'races' in the dropdown box

Puntz
10th February 2012, 06:40 PM
Ok, thanks,
a bit late today, IT issues, all fixed now I hope

Well I'll keep loading these racelist anyway, ya know these autobet systems are rather boring, it''s like watching a wall of dripping paint trying to dry and it won't dry!
It keeps getting a fresh coat of paint, the next race!

Puntz
11th February 2012, 09:50 AM
Fresh Paint!

Had a look at those other web pages, they don't provide what's convenient, lacks "edge", but then again why would the "house" ( TAB ) offer the punter an edge with simple to read uncluttered and without blinking multi-colored dazzling web pages?

Puntz
13th February 2012, 10:09 AM
Might have to check later again, none of the international races came through

Puntz
14th February 2012, 09:53 AM
(NR) Murwillumbah Abnd

Puntz
15th February 2012, 10:11 AM
Good Luck!

Puntz
16th February 2012, 10:42 AM
What been missed is those Jackpot Trifecta, ain't seen one for a while.
I remember being at work in the late 80's listening to the TAB, and when the race caller said "Trifecta was jackpot", it would be noted into a black book type of thing, so it seemed it did to many others.
When the jackpot race came on the next time round, nice payouts cos many would plunge for the jackpot.
On some occasions it become a triple or quad jackpot, it would go off, but the race was too easy the payouts were emm, well I guess a car wash AND full detail would be the order of the day at least.

Godd Luck Today

Puntz
17th February 2012, 10:39 AM
Two of the sheets have time order a bit messed up, try to fix, but the horse and trotts only sheet is good to go.

Puntz
18th February 2012, 10:40 AM
Ok,
can do this for another week, so next Saturday will probably be the last day I'm posting these lists.
Still haven't had much time to fix the Workbook that makes the list, cos there still needs some macro to be sorted and waiting for a few replies to sot it out.
Unless Shaun's Excel thread picks up pace and more members show interest and feedback, what's the point.
If you still need the lists, consider asking Neil to pass on your email address to me
( cos there is no PMs)
and I'll send the list via email, cos that can eventually be on a auto-send.

Got a week to sort this out.

Good Luck Today !

norisk
18th February 2012, 01:16 PM
Hoping Shaun continues with the thread, Ive picked up plenty so far & successfully automated a few tasks

Puntz
20th February 2012, 09:22 AM
Hope everyone had a OK weekend.

Good Luck Today!

Puntz
21st February 2012, 09:29 AM
A slight tweak,
the Greyhound Sheet has only Greyhounds.

Working from a TAB web page that already has a time-order-race-list, which makes the macro easier to code, except separating each detail into it's own column. Some use long winded formula, I use macro. Each to their own architecture I guess.

And,
Why on turf do they put "AR Morphetville" in the same column?
It ought to be "AR" "1" "Morphetville "12:00:00 PM" in four separate columns.
So when it Imports it's simply there!

We, the "customer", that being the Punter, is always right, right?

Good Luck Today

Shaun
21st February 2012, 12:36 PM
If you get stuck on any separation formulas let me know i have used a lot of different ones in the past to pull out info.

Only formula not macros.

Puntz
21st February 2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks Shaun,

Yeah, I got a new import I'm trialing, so what I'll do next few days is get the Import macro working and makes sure it DATES correctly, then I'll "seperate" the data into a test sheet and you may see how the format can be.
Then, I'll macro the formula, so it becomes auto, and voila!
Race list # 2

Puntz
22nd February 2012, 09:24 AM
Working on that macro'd race list.

Good Luck Today

Puntz
22nd February 2012, 11:11 PM
Ok, this workbook has a trial auto-race list.
It's web query is from www.tab.com.au

It's on test for now and hopefully Shaun may trim it up a bit or anyone else.
Just press the blue STAR Macro Enabler
in BUTTON SHEET

Or you can check out the process using the F8 key.

I'll still post the daily race sheet till and including this Saturday.

Shaun
23rd February 2012, 01:24 AM
Made a couple adjustments to import and auto start.

For auto start to work workbook needs to be open.

Puntz
24th February 2012, 01:07 AM
Ok,

So we have a BASIC Auto-Race List, there will be more ongoing developments as time permits.
Ideas welcomed.

Shaun, noticed the added code, it's much quicker and cleaner. Thanks.

The Timer is ok, seen it before ages and ages ago, forgot.

This version had to have a tweak, cos it missed a row in Sheet 2.

That's it from me, I won't be posting a daily race list from now on except updated Auto versions on this thread.

Shaun
24th February 2012, 09:13 AM
There is extra you can add to the time code so that if the worksheet is closed it will open run the macro save the sheet and close again.

Puntz
26th February 2012, 10:59 AM
Some minor fixes noted today,
Deletes rows with Abandoned races in Sheet 2

Puntz
28th February 2012, 09:39 AM
It may seem trivial, but to the eye and making decisions with money, less clutter can be an advantage.
Therefore I thought, ( that's a problem, "I thought"!) separating the list so harness,grey and races have their own list.

All worked well and on time.