PDA

View Full Version : enjay

enjay
17th March 2003, 05:19 PM
Any excel gurus out there that can give me a hand. I am wondering if it is possible to search for multiple horses in one hit...I can save all the days races to excel and what I want to do is to search for multiple horses that may be running that day. The horses I would be searching for would be in another text or data file or whatever would be needed.
I guess I want to be able to run my own 'Black Book Horses' I know how to do single searches but this one is beyond my capabilities.

Enjay.

Chrome Prince
17th March 2003, 05:46 PM
enjay,
I am assuming here that you have already imported the days form into excel format and want to just quickly highlight the runners.
I am also assuming that you have imported all meetings onto a single sheet for the day.

Assuming much, here is my advice...

Have a format where you sort the data into columns, e.g. date track runner etc.
Then select the row with the headings and select Data from the main toolbar, then filter and select autofilter.
You will then be given a drop down menu on each heading where you can select the horse or track etc.

HTH.

Chrome Prince
17th March 2003, 05:51 PM
Re-reading your post, I may not have covered what you wanted.
Sounds like you want a macro to search for a particular runner located in a text file or data file.

Try asking your question here:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/

It's a little too advanced for me, but I'm sure someone will help you there, I've posted questions there before and everyone will help if they can.

good luck.

enjay
18th March 2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks Chrome Prince..
Gret to know others are willing to help .
I think I have the solution thanks to 'be careful'
regards enjay