PDA

View Full Version : New VIC TAB website

The Ocho
1st May 2012, 09:37 PM
Anyone else having problems with the new Victorian TAB website?

It is as slow and cumbersome as all get out!!!

It takes forever for the frickin first screen to load. Then I cannot move down the screen unless I move my screen to the right. And this with a large monitor with a decent screen resolution.

Do they think that everyone has a state of the art computer system or something???

I deleted a few things off my computer and now I can't find the old TAB web site. Is it still going and does anyone have it?

Shaun
1st May 2012, 10:41 PM
http://www.tab.com.au/Racing/Information/DisplayMeetings.aspx?State=1&DisplayType=TodaysRacing

If you need the NSW version just replace State= with a 2

The Ocho
2nd May 2012, 06:57 AM
Thanks very much for that Shaun. That's more like it. :)

But I wonder how long that site will last until they move to the other one?

moeee
2nd May 2012, 08:55 AM
There's a New Website?

Could someone please post a Link?

Shaun
2nd May 2012, 09:01 AM
On the old website go to the quick links on the right hand side to find the links.

norisk
2nd May 2012, 09:53 AM
So I suppose I will have to redo all my web queries shortly...Anyone got any idea when they plan to change over to the new site?

The Ocho
2nd May 2012, 04:24 PM
This is the link for the new Vic TAB web site.

https://www.new.tab.com.au/#/vic

WARNING - After you click on the link go make yourself a cup of tea, have a good lie down and make sure you have a back up monitor (just in case). Then reduce (or is that increase) your screen resolution so everything will fit on your screen because otherwise it's a buggar trying to navigate on the site.

Then, it might finally appear before your eyes (if your lucky). :mad:

moeee
2nd May 2012, 04:27 PM
So is anyone capable of loading this website in what is considered a normal time , or is it just me and Ocho?

norisk
2nd May 2012, 05:20 PM
Find it marginally slower than the old site but have no real intention of using it until forced to, & it appears that web queries cannot be used to obtain info at this stage - bit strange...

moeee
2nd May 2012, 06:22 PM
Are you using wireless Internet with one of them USB dongle things?
I am and maybe thats why it is so slow.
Plus my Firefox is also Old.
But I tried Internet Explorer and it was only a little bit better.

Shaun
2nd May 2012, 08:53 PM
Find it marginally slower than the old site but have no real intention of using it until forced to, & it appears that web queries cannot be used to obtain info at this stage - bit strange...

This would not surprise me in the least as they are after the punter that actually bets with them not the ones using the data.

The Ocho
2nd May 2012, 10:13 PM
Are you using wireless Internet with one of them USB dongle things?
I am and maybe thats why it is so slow.
Plus my Firefox is also Old.
But I tried Internet Explorer and it was only a little bit better.
Hi moeee, I am using cable broadband plugged straight into my computer. I use Google Chrome and have only in the last couple of days cleaned up my computer using CCleaner which Bhagwan recommended ages ago (been going through a lot of his threads looking for a system).

Everything is normally tickity-boo but that site just gives me the ********s.

As for my dongle, I don't think I should talk about something like that, if you don't mind.

:D