PDA

View Full Version : Excel Help needed

moeee
15th May 2012, 05:54 PM
What I wish to do is for a Star to appear in Column E if the animal is Ranked 6th to 8th
I will manipulate the Data and the animals may change their ranking.

When I have done with the worst Ranked animal I will clear its D Cell.
Then I wish Column E to ignore the worst animal and put a Star in the 5th to 7th worst animals.
I was hoping that Column E would automatically ignore the D Cell if it was empty.

woof43
15th May 2012, 07:12 PM
will column C always stay the same Moee?,
You could use conditional formatting to highlight with say red traffic lights or Flags for 6-8 and 5th could be a yellow traffic light and green for the rest of the field, based on the ranking in column C

moeee
15th May 2012, 07:27 PM
Hi Woof43

Column C is the current assessed Odds
They will change as I manipulate my data.
What I wish to do is concentrate on the 3 worst animals and have a separate Market based only with these 3 animals in it.

What I need is something like =If(D>(Count(D1 : D8)-3),"","*") or maybe =If(D>(Count(C1:C8)-3),"","*")

When I have the worst ranked animal at the Odds I believe it should be , then I wish to eliminate it from the Rankings.

woof43
15th May 2012, 07:35 PM
would it be better to keep your original data, then create your new markets in adjacent cells based on whatever criteria, so you can see your changes

PS that #1 in that race is about 1.70 chance of leading.

moeee
15th May 2012, 07:37 PM
What I need is something like =If(D>(Count(D1 : D8)-3),"","*") or maybe =If(D>(Count(C1:C8)-3),"","*")

Okay everyone
I'm good.

=IF(D1>(COUNT(D$1 : D$8)-3),"*","")

moeee
15th May 2012, 07:42 PM
would it be better to keep your original data, then create your new markets in adjacent cells based on whatever criteria, so you can see your changes

PS that #1 in that race is about 1.70 chance of leading.

Yes.
What you are saying is pretty much what I am doing.

And i am well aware of the early speed of #1 and have taken it into account.
Its recent times at Geelong aren't nowhere near enough for it to be a Odds On Chance of winning.