PDA

View Full Version : Strange Happenings on Betfair

Shaun
5th August 2012, 03:14 PM
Something with betfair is screwy, yesterday i had a couple runners that i should have backed with my bot but failed to get taken, these were not for large stakes and i have not had this happen before.

Also yesterday i placed a bet on Said Com at Canterbury, it went off on unitab at $1.50 yet the price i got was $5 and this bet was placed 5 seconds before the starting time.

Today Seymour race 5 i had 3 runners.

2. Pull No Punches
4. Zanzidar
3. World Domination

2 were backed the fav was not and should have been a saver bet for me.

This is not every race it is random so something is going on for sure.

Lord Greystoke
5th August 2012, 04:25 PM
When BF works...

That saver bet on the FAV(<$3 ?) is a simple strategy but looks sound Shaun Would've thought the lower stake on other 2 is balanced out with longer odds on offer given that the FAV has been pushed into 'unders territory' ?

LG

UselessBettor
5th August 2012, 05:40 PM
Something with betfair is screwy, yesterday i had a couple runners that i should have backed with my bot but failed to get taken, these were not for large stakes and i have not had this happen before.

Also yesterday i placed a bet on Said Com at Canterbury, it went off on unitab at $1.50 yet the price i got was $5 and this bet was placed 5 seconds before the starting time.

Today Seymour race 5 i had 3 runners.

2. Pull No Punches
4. Zanzidar
3. World Domination

2 were backed the fav was not and should have been a saver bet for me.

This is not every race it is random so something is going on for sure.

One reason is late scratchings clear out all bets and you sometime pick up a wild price in the mean time.

Another reason is that the times may have changed for the race and your bot has not adjusted for it.

Another reason is the race went into play (you were too late getting the bets on) and the figures you are matching against is the in play figures.

norisk
7th August 2012, 08:30 AM
I had issues with BFSP bets going unmatched some time ago but no problems recently.

garyf
7th August 2012, 04:29 PM
I had issues with BFSP bets going unmatched some time ago but no problems recently.OH DEAR, B.F.S.P is where i was going to head,
Later on down the track if need be.

Wouldn't mind an update from time to time N/R,
If this scenario repeats, this is why i left Betfair,
Years ago but i was not using B.F.S.P. back then.

Cheers.
Garyf.

norisk
7th August 2012, 06:19 PM
garyf, my issues were around 14-18 months ago when my bot missed a few winners with no logical explanation as to why other than there must have been an issue with BF, BF support could shed no light so I spat the dummy & stopped using BFSP & just took whatever was on offer at the time I placed my bets.

Recently started using BFSP again after discussion with others that have not experienced any issues & so far so good.

Raven
7th August 2012, 07:19 PM
I havent had a bet on betfair for a few months.

Something that concerns me is that i notice they now don't publish BFSP on their results pages anymore. Why?

Their SP product would be easy to manipulate, particularly if there is no public record to compare actual SP given to.

Chrome Prince
7th August 2012, 10:49 PM
Something that concerns me is that i notice they now don't publish BFSP on their results pages anymore. Why?

Because generally on fancied runners after commission and the 1.5% levy, their SP is worse than best tote.
Also their software is full of errors, missing results, wrong prices, scratchings missed etc etc.
They can no longer publish the SP advantage because with the levy, there ain't much on all but the outsiders.

Shaun
8th August 2012, 04:45 PM
People can say what they like but i know something is going on, in the last week i have had 5 bets not placed, in the last 3 years of using bots to place my bets this has hardly happened, now 5 in a week.

norisk
8th August 2012, 06:58 PM
Shaun, you have described exactly what happened to me a while back, your using Betting Assistant I assume?

jose
8th August 2012, 07:13 PM
Shaun were you partially matched?
If so this can cause you not to get set.
eg. If you have a bet open for a liability of $35 and have "take SP " ticked and a part of it gets matched which brings the liability that is left to under $30, this will then not be matched as the liability is < $30.
If you get my drift.

Shaun
8th August 2012, 08:47 PM
Na these are straight back bets placed at the current back price, i can make a change and set it so if my bet is not taken within 5 seconds it gets submitted again as a safe guard but not sure why this is happening, as i said these are small amounts most under $10.

I would use another betting agency but because i am betting with a saver if the price id below $3 i need to use this bot and betfair.

AngryPixie
8th August 2012, 09:11 PM
Shaun have you checked your system time? Have you recently updated your bot software? What do your bots logs say?

As mentioned previously you'll often get matched for odd amounts when a late scratching accidently triggers bots to accept prices that are in temporary flux due to the market being reset.