PDA

View Full Version : Tab Corp servers are a joke

Shaun
25th August 2012, 02:10 PM
Not sure about the guys using the Tabcorp website for bets but i can say for sure they are going to struggle in the spring.

I have been using the skyform site for form and Saturdays are 10 slower than a weekend, also tried to bring up the sky racing radio and it took ages to load, they have well and truly screwed them selves.

lomaca
25th August 2012, 03:38 PM
Not sure about the guys using the Tabcorp website for bets but i can say for sure they are going to struggle in the spring.

I have been using the skyform site for form and Saturdays are 10 slower than a weekend, also tried to bring up the sky racing radio and it took ages to load, they have well and truly screwed them selves.They are pathetic Shaun, they remind me of a luddite carpenter who, instead of buying a power saw to keep up with the rest, buys a new file to sharpen the old trusty handsaw.

They are tinkering with the software making it ever slower and cumbersome.
The have restricted all access to their data by electronic means, thinking that it was the cause of the overload on their servers.

I ask you, how many would retrieve data on the daily bases?

I'd say less than a few thousand out of a punting population of many millions.
But there you go!

Many on line retail company employs better and faster servers than they do.

Greed is OK as far as I'm concerned, but there are limits specially when it gets in the way of actually satisfying said greed.

Same with some punters, don't want to spend a few hundred a year on software or data, and so spending inordinate amount of time looking for free stuff and in the meantime losing money?
Go figure!

Shaun
25th August 2012, 03:57 PM
Same with some punters, don't want to spend a few hundred a year on software or data, and so spending inordinate amount of time looking for free stuff and in the meantime losing money?
Go figure!

Hahah, sounds like you are having a bit of a dig at me there.

If i depended on it for making a profit and it came down to the software then for sure i would not rely on them.

lomaca
25th August 2012, 04:03 PM
Hahah, sounds like you are having a bit of a dig at me there.

If i depended on it for making a profit and it came down to the software then for sure i would not rely on them.Sorry Shaun, not at all.
Retrieving results is a genuine request as far as I'm concerned.

Actually I was thinking of someone sticking to an outdated version of Excel, and missing out on your good services, but point taken never-none-the-less.

In future I keep even innocent opinions to myself.
Looks like the safest way to go these days, is not to post anything at all.

Cheers and good luck in the future.

Shaun
25th August 2012, 04:11 PM
Was only joking and i never take offense to anything you or most others post, but you are correct about Tab corp i think they are falling way behind, never mind people that are trying to scrap the data but those that use the site and service as was designed are getting short changed.

The Ocho
25th August 2012, 05:34 PM
That website is a disgrace. Takes forever just to load, doesn't fit into my screen (when every other site I have EVER visited does) and is just all over the place!!!