PDA

View Full Version : TENNIS - becareful

Dr Pangloss
13th April 2003, 11:44 AM
I have been tracking the performance of the Tennis pack results kindly provided by becareful on his web page. Here are the results thus far (100 bets- 1 Jan 03) using the Power of Ten software edition as the staking plan.

100 bets
Strike Rate 68% - 68 winners
ave. bet size $114
ave. div. $1.78
Turnover $11,429
Profit $2,696 (flat stake +$2,398)
PoT 23.6%

max bet $239
min bet $53
longest losing run 3

I'm starting to get interested.

becareful
13th April 2003, 02:42 PM
Dr Pangloss,

Good to see some interest in this (glad I am not updating the website for no reason!).

Not sure if it is worth using Power Of Ten on this - the POT following Tonys recommended bet size is 23.4%. If you used 1 unit=$85 then you would have invested $11430 and your profit would be $2679 - not much of a difference really. Also you can have quite a few bets on a single night (5 or 6 is not unusual in the first round of a tournament) which makes it a bit tricky to use a plan such as POT as you generally need to place all bets at the same time.

Shaun
14th April 2003, 12:41 PM
what is the web page i would like to take a look thanks

becareful
14th April 2003, 12:44 PM
Go to the tipping competition page and then follow the link to the "Propunter Tennis Package" results. Tipping comp is at:

http://www.tlcbc.com.au/tipping.htm

Rogan Josh
14th April 2003, 01:46 PM
Was about to post the direct link to the Tennis package webpage, but I wouldn't do that to you becareful :wink:

Does look promising I must admit.

thekey
15th April 2003, 03:42 PM
It's good to see it is showing a profit. I wonder if anybody else would care to disclose how the various other packages are faring? I am a bit surprised that the management don't post results similar to what they do with their racing packages.

Chrome Prince
15th April 2003, 04:44 PM
On 2003-04-15 15:42, thekey wrote:
It's good to see it is showing a profit. I wonder if anybody else would care to disclose how the various other packages are faring? I am a bit surprised that the management don't post results similar to what they do with their racing packages.

thekey,

The AFL package is going very well this season as well.
I am currently getting all the tips and commentary, and must say it's very informative and profitable.

I can't speak on behalf of management, but the reason that full results are probably not posted is that Prof. Clarke has a longterm reputation of success and profit.
His FREE tips are given for each round on the Smartgambler site, but the vital overlay and percentage of winning information is missing - for this information you must sign up and be a member.

I would thoroughly recommend both the Tennis and AFL packages, but have no knowledge of the Rugby or Baseball performance.

If I win the tipping competition, I'll be able to let you know!

:wink:

thekey
16th April 2003, 09:00 AM
Thanks Chrome Prince

I have come up with my own method for rugby league just recently and wish to fully test it before I put any money down. I believe the best test would be to post the bets I select on the non-racing forum, which I will be doing from this week.

becareful
16th April 2003, 12:47 PM
Thekey,

I have been getting the Rugby League package as well but am still trying to work out the best way to bet with it and therefore am treading very carefully (small bet sizes). Unlike the Tennis package where Tony recommends specific bets (so it is easy to judge the performance) the Rugby League is more like a ratings summary with comments - so you get the computers assessed price and Alans game comments but not a specific bet recommendation as such (although several users have made suggestions for rules on the forum that you also get access to). Therefore it is probably harder to post results for the package - for example last week the computer assessed an overlay on the Raiders and the Warriors - Alan's comments suggested the Raiders were a good bet but he felt the Broncos would beat the Warriors - so is this a bet or not? As it turned out both won at very attractive prices but I was only on the Raiders (Go Canberra!)

At this stage I would recommend the NRL package IF you are interested in NRL and are willing to put a bit of effort into working out the best use of the ratings - if you just want to sit back and follow recommended bets then go with the Tennis (I have just updated the results for the last few days).

thekey
16th April 2003, 04:55 PM
becareful,

Thanks for the info. Interestingly Canberra and the Warriors were both overlays on my figures too.

Management
16th April 2003, 07:37 PM
Dear thekey,

Clients ARE disclosing how they're going. On the testimonials sections for these packages there are heaps of letters from people who can be contacted.

There are people who are members of five packages now for the simple reason that they are profitable.

Putting up all the results from all the sports would be a very time consuming job and if people are skeptical about using computer modelling and statistical analysis to beat the sports bookies they won't believe it anyway.

There's no point OZmium employing experts who can't make profits for their clients as then no-one would renew their subscription and we would have to continually find new clients just to replace the old. We'd be running just to stay still.

Far better to do our homework and get people who can prove an edge, then everyone is happy. Better for us, better for our clients.

Our renewal rate from last year's AFL group for this year is already over 65%, a quite extraordinary figure for a gambling information service, which normally have an abysmal renewal rate.

As our other sports packages go into their second year we are confident we will get good renewal figures as well. If you run a professional, courteous, socially enjoyable and most importantly, profitable service, you should.

Management.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Management on 2003-04-17 17:45 ]</font>

thekey
18th April 2003, 12:35 PM
Management,

I take your point re: time consuming. Also I have no doubt that these packages are showing a profit and if you say you have a high renewal rate I have no reason to doubt that as well.

Perhaps just once every six months say you could post something along the lines of
#recommended bets, #wins, POT, ave. bet size

For example, from becareful's tennis post on his site up up to 15-apr it shows 33.93 units profit or 22.1%. You can also get a strike rate and average bet size. It just helps you know what your betting operations #bets/week, ave. bet size) will be like if you subscribe.

I believe this is beneficial. I realise you will say that past results give no gaurantee of future results etc. but you have provided such info for your racing packages in the past and a similar simple service for your sports packages would prove what an honest and open oprator your company is.

Thekey

Management
22nd April 2003, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the feedback. We will look into doing something like this.

Management.