PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating Races

Fatboy
24th July 2001, 10:08 PM
Can someone advise me on which races to eliminate in order to concentrate on say 8-10 from the 32 or so Saturdays Metros. I've heard that Maidens,Jumps and 2 yr olds can be risky, is there any criteria available, like new starters, big fields etc.
Thanks

Mr. Logic
24th July 2001, 10:23 PM
Here are a few risk factors:
1. A lot of lightly raced runners.
2. Big fields.
3. Many horses resuming from a spell.
4. Races under 1200 metres and over 1600 metres.
5. A field full of inconsistent horses.
Thats a starter. Hope it is some help.

Fatboy
25th July 2001, 10:38 AM
Thanks Mr Logic
I'll try those. By the way, do you think it's best to ignore slow and heavy tracks?

matt
25th July 2001, 12:59 PM
>By the way, do you think it's best to ignore slow and heavy tracks?

1. There's not as much form to go by, most racing is on good tracks.

2. The surface is usually inconsistent. An ordinary horse might get lucky and find a bit of good track, a good horse might get a really bad bit of track and get bogged.

3. It's more physically demanding to race on a heavy track. Different factors come into play than the usual ones affecting form on good tracks (corollary of point 1).

P.S Lay of the jumps too.

Mark
25th July 2001, 05:08 PM
For what it's worth I bet each-way on races mainly in Sydney & Melbourne that have between 8 & 12 runners.

Marcus
25th July 2001, 05:48 PM
I look for races with short priced favourites up in weight. I like to back against many of them.

Fatboy
26th July 2001, 10:57 AM
Marcus, I agree about the fav's. I place the odd bet on the 2nd payline especially when the price is under and the runner and rider look a good chance.
Cheers