PDA

View Full Version : Computer Programs

Researcher
18th November 2001, 04:16 PM
Why are people interested in buying expensive computer programs for $10000 to $15000 which most claim don't work. I have been using a freeware program which during the test period of 3 months had a Win Strike rate of 28% for a 61% profit and a Place strike rate of 67.8% and a profit of 45%.I operated on selected races. The program is American but can be used for Australian races.Itis called Thoroughbred Handicapper Pro.There is a full version available in which there are more variables considered and the weighting can be changed by the user.

Mr. Logic
18th November 2001, 07:39 PM
Very impressive results. It's certainly better to be on the right side of the ledger.However unless they are based on many hundreds of results they are not really statistically valid.

Marketed racing systems. Rules are made after the winners are in and a statistically meaningless number of results are also given.

When racing software works - and there are some people making substantial long term profits - it may in fact be a very shrewd purchase.

However I would avoid anyone marketing racing software who invites you to think about what you will do with all your winnings or any other con marketing methods like that.