PDA

View Full Version : Winning racing software

Cathy
30th November 2001, 10:06 PM
The girls are all thinking of pooling our savings together and buying some software - we're not all silly and unable to use computers! Yes, we are now actually thinking of trying to make money from racing rather than just punting for fun.
It just seems so obvious to us that very clever technology must give punters the advantage over all the punters who do not use it.
Anyway, we're interested in seeing more postings from anyone who has purchased racing software to help us make a decision.
I know you will have to keep what you write within the law which means you cannot call the sellers rip off merchants and the like but we understand.
Thank you again for all your tips.
Cathy and the girls.

ballater
1st December 2001, 01:02 PM
Cathy I use some software that I got years ago, the company is now out of business (draw any conclusion) but of the last 3 Melbourne Cups I have 2 Quinellas $270 & 240 and 1 Trifecta $6000+. I prefer the human touch when selecting rather than using someone else's set of rigid rules. Might I suggest that you develop you own set of rules, one of the racing publications has software and a database to allow this.
Jim

Bhagwan
12th December 2001, 09:12 AM
Dear Cathy,non of those software guys are worth the money that their asking .They may work on some days & not the next,that`s why its called punting & should be viewed as such,a punt, in these guys cases a big one & your covering the bet. Dont do it. May The Punt Be With You.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2001-12-12 17:29 ]</font>

harvsplace
5th April 2002, 08:43 PM
I am trying this program at the moment which is free. You only pay for accessing the info from the site, re TAB odds. Which is free for the first 3 days and then around $1 a day. So far it has made me money. Might want to give it a try. the program is called RacePredictor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2002-07-03 22:24 ]</font>

Shaun
13th May 2002, 04:40 PM
Money can't buy experiance and knowledge.....if you want to learn to win read books and get your self a good form guide.....a good mag is pratical punting monthly.....it will teach you a lot about raceing....read between the lines.

Placegetter
13th May 2002, 08:19 PM
Hi Shaun,

Welcome to the forum. If you take a look back through the history of this forum you will notice that PPM cops a fair caning. Can you enlighten us on your positive view to its qualities?

Placegetter

Shaun
13th May 2002, 11:09 PM
Yes i know you give it a bit of stick.....but i have learned a lot about rateings from there and i think that rateings are the key to good handycapping....and like anything you read you need to test it yourself.....i think they are a good base for a beginer....as long as they don't take what is siad as gosple....just like this forum

Equine Investor
14th May 2002, 12:15 AM
That racing software I noticed that Mr Freidman(who also posts here) uses it. Perhaps he could shed some light on it, as I am not convinced by Dr.Huang and his Yahoo messageboard!

Tulloch, where is that place on this site for your own software - can't find it anywhere???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Equine Investor on 2002-05-14 00:16 ]</font>

Ballyred
23rd May 2002, 09:13 PM
Hi, I use a electronic form guide from clockwork racing. It is marketed as tools not tips although it does give selections for all races. The entry level software can be obtained for free if you purchase 6 months data.The data for each meeting is purchased. You can get all meetings including Non TAB for around $1 a day. I've been using it for over 2 years and wouldn't be without it.

Dude
4th July 2002, 10:32 AM
Cathy,
DO NOT BUY A SOFTWARE PACKAGE !!

By all means pool your money, but put it towards developing your own techniques.

I have used Dr Huangs Race Predictor program and though it seems very atractive at first, over the long term you will only break even with it (if your lucky..)
Some people have reported success using it on the first couple of races of the day only, not sure about the logic behind that..?

There are many similar packages for sale and a lot of very expensive systems too.
Dont touch them.
If you have a spare couple of days, have read some of the postings at: http://www.zip.com.au/~keeva/grq/forum/

Dude.

Bhagwan
9th July 2002, 08:14 AM
Very good advice Mr Dude ,
I support your sentiments .

You will find , if the price is more than $350, it will be a rip.