PDA

View Full Version : Lay Short Favs

Shaun
29th January 2023, 05:57 PM
I was watching a youtube vid about laying runners that price is shorter than the percentage win, as an example a horse prices at even money with a win sr of 25%, can some one test some rules for me please.

Min 5 starts
Less than 30% SR
BFSP between $1.70 and $2.20

Min 5 starts
Less than 25% SR
BFSP between $1.70 and $2.20

Chrome Prince
2nd February 2023, 08:41 PM
Hi Shaun,
I'd test it for you but I don't have Betfair prices, only tote prices.:(

Shaun
3rd February 2023, 09:38 AM
Could you test it using tote, i know it is not the same but will give me a starting point, cheers.

UselessBettor
22nd February 2023, 09:43 PM
I ran the test against betfair prices

Both were losers. Commission costs kills both.

Chad328
26th February 2023, 10:46 AM
G'day Lads,

I do this in the Greyhound markets, ONLY on less than full fields.

Been a Greyhound punter more years than I can remember & if there's one thing that sticks out more than ever it's short fields allow more room/lines/runs for other runners that they ordinarily would not get with a full field.

Add to this Directional Mapping, what's the dog doing once the lids ping & what are the others in the race doing, are they stepping left/right, what are their splits like etc etc

Has worked well for years, I target sub $1.50 Favs

Cheers,
Chad

astatyne
2nd March 2023, 08:26 PM
you guys heard of robobet.com.au?
you can set it to lay every horse under $1.50 automatically

Shaun
2nd March 2023, 11:33 PM
Can you add selections, say i have 5 runners i won't to bet on for the day?

astatyne
5th March 2023, 06:11 PM
yeah, looks like it. you can add a bunch of horses to back or lay and it will bet before the off for you. favourites,non favourites and whatever tracks you want.

theoldguy
6th March 2023, 08:45 AM
G'day Lads,

I do this in the Greyhound markets, ONLY on less than full fields.

Been a Greyhound punter more years than I can remember & if there's one thing that sticks out more than ever it's short fields allow more room/lines/runs for other runners that they ordinarily would not get with a full field.

Add to this Directional Mapping, what's the dog doing once the lids ping & what are the others in the race doing, are they stepping left/right, what are their splits like etc etc

Has worked well for years, I target sub $1.50 Favs

Cheers,
ChadChad..spot on with your thinking..back in the 70s I was a bagman for a bookie doing gippsland dogs..."old bill" used to lay short priced favs in small fields thinking along your lines ..didnt lay every one only the ones that didnt "mapped"well ..cheers ..T.O.G.

Chad328
10th March 2023, 09:04 PM
Chad..spot on with your thinking..back in the 70s I was a bagman for a bookie doing gippsland dogs..."old bill" used to lay short priced favs in small fields thinking along your lines ..didnt lay every one only the ones that didnt "mapped"well ..cheers ..T.O.G.

Evening TOG,

That's brilliant stuff to hear mate, it works a treat when they dont map well, you would have seen it all, every avenue used to turn a quid & I'd imagine many colourful stories to tell from your time on the bags.

Cheers,
Chad

SpeedyBen
2nd December 2023, 08:41 PM
If the rationale for this method is correct why restrict it to odds on favs. It should apply to longer priced favs as well, I think.