PDA

View Full Version : Myth or legend..?

MrOptimistic
6th November 2003, 11:37 AM
Is it possible to have your betting account closed because you make too much profit ?

is this purely a myth ?

Has anyone ever achieved this incredible feat ?, or know of anyone, friend or foe, come on , tell me your stories.

lets dream a little :smile:

becareful
6th November 2003, 11:54 AM
With TAB - definitely not. They will welcome everyone - the more you bet the happier they are as they still get their cut out of every dollar you bet.

With Bookies - I know of several people who have been effectively banned by various sports bookmakers. Although their accounts weren't closed they had bet size limits placed on them that effectively stopped them betting - you can't make much money with a $20 limit on your bet size!

Gamblor
6th November 2003, 04:00 PM
If you make money off the TAb how do they make money?????

umrum
6th November 2003, 05:13 PM
On 2003-11-06 16:00, Gamblor wrote:
If you make money off the TAb how do they make money?????
because the divi's are the reflection of pool size minus their take. so if there is 1000 in the pool they take 150 out before paying the rest back in divi's so they cant lose

MrOptimistic
6th November 2003, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the interest .

question for you, becarefu1.

Were these 'several' people restricted due to their betting success or for other reasons ?

I hope to keep this thread fairly light hearted though, there is far too much 'heavy bantering' in other threads.

Bhagwan
6th November 2003, 11:24 PM
If you have the ability to win on a regular basis with a Bookie , they can & will minimise their exposure to risk by minimising their payout figure to you,on any given bet, therefore minimising your action.

The TAB makes 16.5% profit regardless of the result , the more that`s put on a particular hores, the lower the div will be , because its based on the weight of money outlayed & all divs are finally calculated once the race has closed & the TAB`s 16.5% has been taken out .

So , all those divs you see on the screen ,have the TAB commission already taken out.
If you multipied the div by 1.165 ,that would be the normal price if no commission was taken out .

MrOptimistic
6th November 2003, 11:41 PM
"The TAB makes 16.5% profit regardless of the result , the more that`s put on a particular hores"

thanks for the info bhagwan.. however I did not realise the tab was pimping now :smile:

low-lfe eh

MrOptimistic
7th November 2003, 12:00 AM
Another thought, If you could prove that bookies were restricting your bets due to your success... you would have a 'hot' product.

know what i mean harry

Chrome Prince
7th November 2003, 12:31 AM
On 2003-11-06 23:41, MrOptimistic wrote:
"The TAB makes 16.5% profit regardless of the result , the more that`s put on a particular hores"

thanks for the info bhagwan.. however I did not realise the tab was pimping now :smile:

low-lfe eh

:lol:

They've been doing it all along, but we are the "johns."
:lol:

crash
7th November 2003, 07:10 AM
Mr. Optimistic wrote: 'Is it possible to have your betting account closed because you make too much profit'?

You have the right attitude to go on to become a successful punter and you certainly chose your forum name well.

Cheers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crash on 2003-11-07 07:11 ]</font>

becareful
7th November 2003, 07:26 AM
question for you, becarefu1.

Were these 'several' people restricted due to their betting success or for other reasons ?

Most definitely for their betting success. However the worst offenders seem to be offshore bookies, particularly the English ones. The British have always had a problem with losing to us "colonials" :grin:

Australian sports bookmakers, by all accounts, are more tolerant of winning punters.

partypooper
8th November 2003, 06:28 PM
I was actually asked to take my business to "ladbrokes" once in England by a bookie after a particularly good run. A bad decision by him, he should have hung on for a while longer............