PDA

View Full Version : Gambling Books Etc.UK

foggy
23rd November 2003, 05:48 PM
Elsewhere on this site there is an advertisement for a UK site (www.gamblingbooks.co.uk) selling books on all forms of gambling. Has anybody used this site and is it reliable?
Put in an order over 7 weeks ago and have still not seen anything. Thought I would try to get one book before committing to more.
After communicating with them, they say to just wait and see if anything shows up but my 18.40pound ($46-00Aus) purchase is lost.
Have I just been unlucky to have lost my purchase in the mail? Or has this happened to others?
Would not have tried an overseas based company had I been able to find anything decent in Australia.....?????

La Mer
23rd November 2003, 06:48 PM
Foggy ... I've bought a number of books from this company over the last few years and never had a problem. They are a London based company by the name of the Big Book company, but also trade as the High Stakes Bookshop.

I would lodge a misssing article report with Australia Post, it may be possible that some compensation may be payable if the book does not turn up. I assume you requested that it be sent be airmail, if not then it will come be snail mail, which means by ship and that could take three to four months.

foggy
24th November 2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the info La Mer, will try the Australia Post trick.
I emailed the company a week and half ago and they said they sent it air-mail and then emailed them this weekend again but have not heard back from them yet.