PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an old post. Ahjays System....

good 4th
12th February 2004, 02:24 PM
Does any one have Ahjays system, if you do could you please post it for me.

Cheers
Good 4th

Go-Long
12th February 2004, 02:44 PM
Hi Good 4th
Hope this helps you out
1 Last start winner
2 must have 'c' listed (distance winner this track today's distance)
last run within 14days
distance 1100m to 1800m only
Total wins/places for selection =60%+
at to-days distance

good 4th
12th February 2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks, I think thats it.

Cheers
GD4th

hermes
12th February 2004, 05:11 PM
What a quiet achiever that little system is! I've been watching it for a while. One of the best posted here but with little fanfare.

Except when I noted it down I didn't include the last bit, Go Long. I just had:

1. Last start winner
2. must have 'c' listed
3. last run within 14 days
4. distance 1100m to 1800m only

Which does very nicely on its own.

Hermes

sportznut
12th February 2004, 05:22 PM
Yes, nice simple little system that! Can anyone tell me if it was meant only for Saturday metro racing or for any racing at all?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-02-12 17:26 ]</font>

Merriguy
12th February 2004, 05:51 PM
You can find just about anything with the great 'Search' facility (just look at the top of the page) of the forum. Ahjay's system is on
http://www.propun.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=1101&forum=7

He doesn't restrict things there to Saturday races.

sportznut
12th February 2004, 06:03 PM
Thanks. Yeah, for some reason I simply forgot about using 'Search'. :smile:

darkydog2002
12th February 2004, 06:49 PM
GO.LONG.Yes .one of the best systems ever put on the forum.
The 60% rules related to specials.
A modification put by someone (cant remember who)was .
1100-1600
c
last run in 14 days
2 wins in this preparation.
As I understand it they used price predictor for the modification.
I tested the original rules against PIC WIZ(another good method)and it beat it hands down.
Hope thats of some help.
Cheers.
darky.

darkydog2002
12th February 2004, 06:53 PM
SPORTZNUT.My test was only on Saturday Metropolitan races Sydney/Melb /Bris /Adel.

michaelv
12th February 2004, 06:56 PM
Do any of you followers have some updated results for this little gem ? (which I didn't know about by the way).

eg: number of selections/winners/places/tab results - to save me the trouble of going back over old form guides?

Anything would be muchly appreciated :smile:

Go-Long
13th February 2004, 08:46 AM
d.d2002
I think that modification
was to maitain a more restrictive
betting approach.
A very good system anyway.

Freak
13th February 2004, 09:31 AM
I do not fully understand the 60% rule. Could someone please elaborate for me?

Merriguy
13th February 2004, 10:07 AM
Hi Freak,

Go back and look at the original posting. Ahjay exlains it all there. Incidentally it is not someone else's modification. Ahjay posted it as an extension of his system for those who did not want as many bets. Cheers.

darkydog2002
13th February 2004, 01:39 PM
I wonder what ever happened to AHJAY?

crash
13th February 2004, 03:05 PM
He must be winning.

Cheers.

darkydog2002
13th February 2004, 04:11 PM
More likely gone to that big racetrack in the sky.

michaelv
16th February 2004, 11:04 PM
Hi Darky, I haven't chatted to you yet (as I'm relatively new) and I know it's a little late regarding this post but do YOU by any chance have the figures on Ahjay's system regarding PLACE results?

You mentioned somewhere else that the system gave about a 23% win strike rate and so I'm extremely interested to know what the place strike rate is like?

If anybody else (who has been following this system) knows then please let me know as Darky might not be monitoring the forum.

thanks and

good 4th
17th February 2004, 08:31 AM
If your after past results I find the best site is TABQ. IT WILL TAKE A WHILE BUT ITS WORTH THE TIME AS YOU WILL KNOW FOR YOUSELF IF THE THING WORKS OR NOT.

GD4TH

michaelv
17th February 2004, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the suggestion good 4th but I was really wanting to see if anyone had been tracking the Ahjay system selections for the past 12 months (or more) as I don't have easy access to old form guides & I couldn't check the selections myself anyway that far back.

If someone's already done it then I don't mind going through tab result sheets to see just how it went POT/LOT wise but I need the actual results first.

good 4th
17th February 2004, 09:03 AM
Yeah for Ahjay's thing you dont need old form guides as its all assessable via TABQ WEB SITE with ease, No need for paper version.

darkydog2002
17th February 2004, 10:24 AM
MICHAELV.I switched to the modified version on 29/11/03 Saturday only.
Not many bets but my guess it will do better than the original??
Up to 14/2/04.12 bets 5 wins win %41.6 %
AV price 4.2/1
9 places = 75%.Average price 0.6/1($1.60)
Hope that helps.
I must say that I consider both the original version and the modified version 2 of the best systems to come off the forum.
I have also tested the original version against PICWIZ and other commercial systems and it beat every one of them hands down.
This year I will take a chance on the modified version but either one should show a good profit over a year.
Warmest regards.
darky.

michaelv
17th February 2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks for that Darky. Knew you were out there somewhere and I also knew you'd have the answer at your finger tips.

75% for the place is good enough for me (and 42% for the win is fantastic too) but I assume this is mainly because you're using the modified version which cuts out most of the longer priced brigade thus increasing the strike rate.

Do you think there's any reason why the system couldn't be used 7 days per week ?

darkydog2002
17th February 2004, 02:14 PM
MICHAELV.I believe that some are using it on a daily basis and I cant see why not either.
I would track it for awhile and see how it goes.
Another good one to add to your bow is my WHAT ABOUT but confine this one to Saturday Metropolitan.
Cheers.
darky.

darkydog2002
15th November 2010, 10:09 AM
I,ve just been scanning some old posts (something to do in my old age).
Then trolling through my base of commecial systems (I have over 600 of them)I came across the system that won the PPM best system in Australia competition many years ago.
As I understand it was confined to Sat Metropolitan meetings .
Brian B if your still posting here you might add your thoughts (
Brian being amongst the best and most astute punters in Australialia)

SAT METROP

SYD/ MELB /BRIS

FORM = x21, x31,x141,x151,x161

LS to 28 DAYS

SP = $4 - $51

WIN % 20 % +

Incidentally another great punter Mike Mcbain came 2nd in that competition.

Cripes Mike thats going back a few years.

Cheers
darky

lighthuman2010
15th November 2010, 12:59 PM
(

SAT METROP

SYD/ MELB /BRIS

LS to 28 DAYS

SP = $4 - $51

WIN % 20 % +

Darky,

I have no idea who Brian B is and I do not dispute your claim of him being "amongst the best and most astute punters in Australia". However I can guarantee you and everyone else reading this, that he certainly wouldn't be backing the above system if he was one of the best.

No successful long-term punter bets any hard mechanical system like your one above. And there is a good reason why they don't, because no hard mechanical system works long-term.

darkydog2002
15th November 2010, 01:49 PM
Hi Lighthuman 2010.
Brian Blackwell would be the first to admit that it wouldn,t be his first choice but in the competion mentioned above it did win.
It was posted in the context of the thread and a bit of an add to punters knowledge.
My observation would be that simple rather than complicated do far better than anything if your relying on the famous form factor of PL or in some rather rude terms PA..
Even in terms of the trifecta /1st 4 at Warnambool the PA factor will come in regardless of Scientific form analyisis.
Cheers and warmest regards.
darky

Bundy
15th November 2010, 02:12 PM
I,ve just been scanning some old posts (something to do in my old age).
Then trolling through my base of commecial systems (I have over 600 of them)I came across the system that won the PPM best system in Australia competition many years ago.
As I understand it was confined to Sat Metropolitan meetings .
Brian B if your still posting here you might add your thoughts (

SAT METROP

SYD/ MELB /BRIS

LS to 28 DAYS

SP = $4 - $51

WIN % 20 % +

Incidentally another great punter Mike Mcbain came 2nd in that competition.

Cripes Mike thats going back a few years.

Cheers
darkyThis one was actually called 'The Six Pack" and was submitted by a Mr Barry Watson.

The full formlines are x21, x31, x41, 141, 151 and 161.

A contender was eliminated if it had not had a run inside28 days inclusive UNLESS it has a 50% or greater strike rate.

Price rule was 3/1 to 50/1
Runners with a win strike rate of 20% or less are eliminated.

There were no area restrictions.

This one actually ran 3rd to one called 'The Young Guns".

Mikes system 'Sectional Strategy" was 2nd.

Cheers
Bundy

darkydog2002
15th November 2010, 02:21 PM
Hi Bundy.
Absoltely correct and thank you.
I couldnt recall Mr Watson name.
Cheers.
darky

Ps .Are you as old as I am (77)

Bundy
15th November 2010, 02:23 PM
Not yet m8..but I hope to be one day (I am assuming making 77 is better than the alternative).

Cheers m8
Bundy

Moderator 3
15th November 2010, 06:03 PM
Lighthuman2010 your lecturing post and another post flaming have been deleted.

moeee
15th November 2010, 06:23 PM
Not yet m8..but I hope to be one day (I am assuming making 77 is better than the alternative).

Cheers m8
Bundy

LOLLLL

Your funny :)

lighthuman2010
15th November 2010, 06:25 PM
Sorry moderator, didn't mean to sound like I was lecturing.

Sometimes I just get excited when trying to help out struggling punters.

I'll try again.

Darky,
Hard mechanical systems like these don't work long-term.

If I could offer you some friendly advice, I would suggest looking at building your own ratings database or concentrate on 1 or 2 states and do your own form/video study.

darkydog2002
15th November 2010, 08:52 PM
Hi Ya Bundy,
At my later years it becomes more fun seeing the "comets" come and go.
Even Eddie Birchley at the Gold Coast had a chuckle or 2 in his old age.
Yeah the alternative is far more drastic - Ho Ho.
Seeing you go back a few years (since you rememember old systems)do you remember "Albert K" who kicked us all off in his day.Originally from SA but moved to Geelong.Used to advertise in Sportsman.Or even "Joe From Ararat" the dog ************.
Ah the good old days.Now they wheel me in to the Brunswick Heads Beer Garden lap top in hand for a stir up.Ho Ho..
Blimey its been fun over the years and even more fun now.
I remember old Mrs Rose M elbowing us in the ribs to give 10 % to the Salvos as we were departing from the track (now there was a woman who bet simply).Gees she reminds me of Bgahwan.
Anyway good luck.Forgive an old blokes remininscing but it does give me great pleasure looking back on the "good old days"

Cheers
darky

darkydog2002
15th November 2010, 10:21 PM
Thank you.
I appreciate a few thoughts from the ingorant but at my staqe of life I,ve happily retired.
Cheers
darky

Moderator 3
15th November 2010, 10:22 PM
Lighthuman2010, another post has been moderated. Public ridicule is not permitted. You have been suspended 7 days. Moderator.