PDA

View Full Version : wet trackers

goldmember
28th February 2004, 09:29 AM
Just wondering if anybody has a system for wet trackers only, my systems that incorporate wet form do okay but some others that don't, have had some bad results.
I suppose not betting is one!

Paddy
14th March 2004, 02:01 PM
Don’t bet on maidens.
I eliminate those horses that have not performed well in dead or worse conditions.
Those untried I keep with those still remaining. I then rule out any horse that has not had at least 3 starts since a spell – unless the horse has a good “fresh” record.
I then eliminate any horse that has not won or been place over a distance greater than today’s race. Dutch bet on what’s left.

Mark
14th March 2004, 03:57 PM
Back the grey's in the wet, and the older the better.

bwheatle
14th March 2004, 09:35 PM
Logic would dictate:

In the slow and heavy going look for horses that are relatively lightly raced compared to others in the field.

Kid's fall over in the wet all the time, and teenagers drive too fast on wet roads. Horses are only human after all.

Also, look for horses in slow/heavy capable of running well at longer distances than today's race. In the wet, horses hooves dig deeper potentially turning a 1600 mtrs race to 2000 or beyond.

Better still, look for lightly raced (relative to the field) fresh horses well down in distance.

On 28th Feb 2004 at Randwick Race 4 Daralimara was a standout. Resuming from a spell,a 5 year old with only 9 runs, down in distance from 2,400 mtrs to 1,400 mtrs.

I'd scrubbed the meeting as I was unsure of the track condition and I didn't have a bet in the race, or even watch it, but I bet she finished over the top of the other tiring runners!

In Vic she paid $27.20!

So, while not a system as such - something to look out for.

Bazza