PDA

View Full Version : Betfair may burn you

Lenny
4th March 2004, 06:57 AM
Hi All,

This may be a prickly topic but I'd appreciate your comments. As I understand it, betting on Australian races at Betfair is illegal within Australia, but it still seems that some of you do it. It is also illegal to bet inrunning on any event that allows this type of betting (e.g. American Football).

My question is this: to those of you who bet this way (races/inrunning), have you ever had any hassles as a result? Has Betfair ever dishonoured the bet, or has any complication arisen as a result of ignoring this law?

~Lenny

Mark
4th March 2004, 09:53 AM
The system no longer accepts bets in-running if you're in Australia, a message pops up saying somehing like, "our software recognises that you are in Australia, blah blah blah illegal to accept your bet".
The rest just powers on getting bigger & bigger.

allanby
4th March 2004, 01:02 PM
On 2004-03-04 09:53, Mark wrote:
The system no longer accepts bets in-running if you're in Australia, a message pops up saying somehing like, "our software recognises that you are in Australia, blah blah blah illegal to accept your bet".
The rest just powers on getting bigger & bigger.

I know what you are waiting for M....Chelt festival and those big holds!

heheh

A.

Shaun
4th March 2004, 05:59 PM
Maybe you 2 need to form a company " Mark/Allanby International" then i can buy shares and get rich

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaun on 2004-03-04 17:59 ]</font>

Lenny
5th March 2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the replies. Anyone interested in some more useful replies to this email should look for the same thread name in the 'systems' section of this forum.

~Lenny