PDA

View Full Version : People on my back

jimmyc_dogs
23rd March 2004, 11:18 AM
hey guys id say a few of you are in the same boat as me,

i like 2 have a bit of a bet, nothin 2 serious, just like to have a few drinks while i watch the races and hopefully win some cash (probably like everyone else here)

and the question im asking is do all you guys have 2 put up with the ... from your loved ones saying "oh god your a gambler, you need help"

which is crap as i rarely have a shocker and never bet 2 much ($10 a race usually max)

how do i get these ppl off my back???

jimmy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2004-03-23 16:39 ]</font>

stacky69
23rd March 2004, 11:30 AM
Jimmy, you sound like your a controlled punter (if there's such a word), have you noticed that when you win a sum of money that these people suddenly appreciate you! If you not leaving your family unfed, unclothed, and unsheltered, and you know your limitation, then why should they be concerned?

jimmyc_dogs
23rd March 2004, 11:38 AM
i might just add that im 20 years old, with a gf, not wife or kids, its not me thats concernd, i dont care less i no whats going im totally in control, its them (the others) that have the problem, they have a huge problem, i actully think its all the media,
they think that as soon as u walk into the tab you got a problem, but yeah i did have a big one not to long ago and i was there best friend that day :smile:

i dunno, hope they get over it soon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jimmyc_dogs on 2004-03-23 11:39 ]</font>

Chrome Prince
23rd March 2004, 01:38 PM
jimmy,

It's typical of people that don't understand or wish to.

I remember losing a few weeks in a row and some friends were with me deriding me (good natured) and saying I knew nothing about horses and should give up the punt.
The next week I won big, they were with me again - I picked the first four winners on the card solely. (no savers or dutch bets).

They soon changed their tune and wanted a piece of my winnings.

I shouted a few beers but my answer with regard to the winnings was "Would you have each given me $10 per losing bet last week?"

There was resounding silence!.....followed by...

"No, but when you win it's different."

:lol: :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chrome Prince on 2004-03-23 13:40 ]</font>

Mark
23rd March 2004, 09:13 PM
Jimmy

Ask them how much they spend on lotto, scratchies, pokies, fags, booze, etc

Desi
25th March 2004, 12:31 PM
Jimmy, its laughable that betting on the 'Sport of Kings' is considered 'gambling' and 'punting on the Stockmarket' is a legitimate and solid investment strategy...especially, in light of recent downturns in returns for those so-called strong investments. Billions of dollars of superannuation money (including my little nest egg) gambled on the stockmarket (I dont have any say also) and you are not guaranteed a positive return. Tell your friends or family, that you are waiting for a bullish stockmarket before reinvesting your hard earned cash...(mind you, I have heard that this is the time to get in)...or just ###**@*@* off...

Floydyboy
26th March 2004, 10:35 AM
When I left work in June2001..retired hurt after a long innings of 21 years ..... I received a lump sum super payout .They told me if I wanted to reduce my tax I could go and see their advisors(in other words roll it over).
My reply?..Just give me my money thank you .
My capital is still very much in tact and Ive only had to work part time for part of that time.I live a modest lifestyle(which suits me just fine) .Ive got my foxtel and cable internet,owe nobody anything and can afford a beer and a bet whenever I please.
Why anyone (with a choice)would handover their life savings to a mob of greedy egotistical wanabees to play with on the stockmarket is beyond me.Sorry but the stockmarket just dosent do it for me.
I bet on the races or tennis or the footy or soccer or whatevers moving for my entertainment I have no illusions about making a living from it .My partner dosent tell that I shouldnt be betting or that she thinks my golf is interfering with our lifestyle .... because if she did I could quite happily live on my own.
Really though Jimmy the furry magnet is enticing at your age but im 48 and i can assure you its much lower on the priorty list than it used to be and if you cant do what you want (without hurting others of course) you might as well stop breathing.If people start telling how to live your life the way THEY want Id be taking Desi's advice and tell them to ###**@*@* off(hope i spelled that correctly)
Whew glad i got all that off my chest!!.
Looks like a good weekend of sport ahead of us .
GOOD LUCK GOOD PUNTING....Floydyboy

jimmyc_dogs
26th March 2004, 02:42 PM
floydboy and desi thanks for your entertaining replys, yeah thats what i started tellin them GET OVER IT, cause im not gonna, anyway guys thanks, have a good week, cause i wont be here 4 nearly 2 weeks

(GOLF trip down the murray playing some of the best courses around, drinking Jack Daniels and eating the finest burgers you can find for a week) cant wait leave 2morrow morning 5am, courses playing

yarrawonga, murray course and lakes course
shepparton
tocomwal
corrowa
thurgoona
combram barooga both courses
and 1 more cant think of on the way down

2 rounds a day for a week, all you guys have a nice working week :wink:

jimmy

Floydyboy
26th March 2004, 02:59 PM
I never did the murray couses when i was living in NSW.... "always gunna lol" anyway you have a safe trip .... Head still Swing slow

jimmyc_dogs
26th March 2004, 08:47 PM
On 2004-03-26 14:59, Floydyboy wrote:
I never did the murray couses when i was living in NSW.... "always gunna lol" anyway you have a safe trip .... Head still Swing slow

GRIP IT AND RIP IT MY FRIEND, lol yeah catch ya when i get back