PDA

View Full Version : early money

goldmember
2nd April 2004, 03:40 PM
looking at SPORTSTAB, SPORT ODDS and SPORTS ACUMEN, money has come for the WARRIORS and big money for the STORM, whilst in AFL, money for RICHMOND and big money for CARLTON.

cheers

goldmember
8th April 2004, 04:15 PM
This week there's early money for souths and cowboys.

sportznut
8th April 2004, 04:19 PM
I couldn't ever be confident about backing either of those sides!

goldmember
8th April 2004, 04:29 PM
i couldnt either, but the cowboys were not as bad as the sharks last week and maybe getting away from townsville might take pressure off them and they played some good games on the road last year, remember they pushed the roosters and the had to kick a fied goal t win. i'd rather take $2.80 cowboys than $1.40 sharks , better value

Paddy
8th April 2004, 04:40 PM
Might be a better than 'normal' season for the rabbitohs - not beaten by much in rd 1 against the roosters who they havn't beaten for ages. Just got over west tigers in rd 2. A bye in rd 3 & then a great win over the sharks in rd 4.

Still not the rabbitohs of old, but could cause some surprises this season :wink:

Desi
8th April 2004, 09:32 PM
Haven't seen too many of Souths games but did note last week against the Sharks that they were more cohesive in the forwards and had some (but not much) firepower out wide.

There's self belief there that was not present last year but I would look at the line bet hopefully +9.5 (a safer but still risky option)! They will have to stick to their strong defensive line and basic game plan for the full 80 minutes to stay in touch let alone win.

As for Parramatta, I have seen all their games thus far and they are so erratic that it must be frustrating for Eels fans...their ruck defence when defending their line has been pathetic and overall they have one of the worst defensive records after only 4 rounds. I don't think they have lost to the Rabbitohs for a long time and they can score points...reckon the Eels squad lack balance though and are finding it difficult to adjust to Smith's Roosters-like game plan...the front row has been disappointing which has left Hindmarsh to do all the work...he will burn himself out if he is not careful. Vella, Morris and Armit will have to pull the proverbial finger out LOL! and Dykes and Wagon will have to put pressure on the Bunnies halves cos the MacDougall bros have been in good attacking form. Reckon it might be closer than bookies think.

What are your thoughts?