PDA

View Full Version : Too cautious for my own good

sportznut
12th April 2004, 07:01 AM
I had two bets in the US Masters this year. I backed Ernie Els and Phil Mickelson.......

to finish in the top 5. :roll:

12th April 2004, 09:21 AM
BORING !! :smile: :lol:

sportznut
12th April 2004, 10:02 AM
:grin:

I actually thought they both had a very good chance of winning this year, but I also thought they were almost certainties to finish in the top 5.

In the end, I decided to be a bit cautious and BORING! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-04-12 11:10 ]</font>

jimmyc_dogs
12th April 2004, 08:11 PM
lol, very unlucky but im sure you still made a healthy profit, i still cant get over how good phil played 2 get home, watch him in more majors from now on

jimmy

Desi
13th April 2004, 11:19 AM
Winning something is always good Sports...I am still trying to work out the best way to bet in sports (ie amount/ bet type) etc...haven't tried betting or watching golf after missus gave me ultimatum...LOL...thank God for the internet and Foxtel!!!

sportznut
13th April 2004, 12:03 PM
No, I'm certainly not complaining Desi. As you said, it's always good when your bets win and I ended up making 145% profit. There's nothing wrong with that! :smile:

In truth, I've actually done pretty well in recent years betting on the big Golf tournaments. I almost always pick out a couple of players to simply make the Top 5, and I'm happy to say that I have a very good strike rate betting that way.

By the way, in my pre-tournament analysis, there were 4 players I considered. I went with Els and Mickelson and they came 1st and 2nd. The two other players I left out (Singh and Love) both finished equal 6th, so I definitely made the right choice there.

Desi
13th April 2004, 03:07 PM
Great effort Sports..as long as the bookies keep Tiger as the favourite...the others will always be paying over the odds. Will need to start a Golfing thread...have to keep it discrete (the missus will smell it out HAHA!)

Mr J
13th April 2004, 06:09 PM
The smartgambler golf guy is meant to be very good. I'll be subscibing later this year. The variance for golf outrights will be a killer though.

sportznut
21st June 2004, 07:21 AM
Well, I decided to back up on Els and Mickelson to finish in the top 5 at the US Open this week as well. At the moment, it looks like Phil may win actually it, but unfortunately Ernie has collapsed in a total heap, so I'll only make a small profit. Ernie's not alone in struggling today. That course is a killer!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-06-21 08:33 ]</font>

jimmyc_dogs
21st June 2004, 09:33 AM
they say the greens where at least 13 on the stimp meter, i just played a couple of big comps at my local course, and the greens where running at 9.8 and they where very hard 2 make a putt, it was nearly a joke this year at the US open, very unfair conditions..........

jimmy

moeee
21st June 2004, 09:47 AM
On 2004-04-12 21:11, jimmyc_dogs wrote:
lol, very unlucky but im sure you still made a healthy profit, i still cant get over how good phil played 2 get home, watch him in more majors from now on

jimmy

Gee Unlucky Phil.I didn't think you even liked golf,much less excel in it.:wink: