PDA

View Full Version : omen bet

goldmember
15th April 2004, 11:05 AM
I was watching the saints/tigers game last monday [saint kilda/richmond], when i just relised [too late to get on ]this was the omen bet of the year, as the day before the saints [stgeorge] gave the tigers [west/tigers] a flogging. any one else get on this omen tip !

sportznut
15th April 2004, 11:52 AM
Well, I certainly backed St Kilda, but that was because I thought they were absolute certainties, not because of what you said. I didn't realise until just now that Saints played Tigers two days running. :smile:

goldmember
15th April 2004, 12:28 PM
Hi sportz, does anyone up there think the bronco's can be beaten by the cowboys. from memory the cowboys have a draw as the best reult in townsville ? is that right . do you think the cowboys have a chance or are bronco's are over the line

sportznut
15th April 2004, 02:27 PM
Goldmember,

You have to be pretty forgiving to pick the Cowboys. As a North Queenslander, I've been so frustrated by them over the years! I certainly don't think the Broncos are over the line by any means, but they do deserve to be clear favourites.

Pre-season there was a lot of talk that the Cowboys had a team strong enough to make the semis this year. That seemed to put too much pressure on the players and as a result they lost their first 3 games at home when they really should have won at least two of those. Then last week playing away from home, they had no pressure on them and played with much more freedom. Of course they were helped by an awful Sharks team, but if they play as they did last week, they DO have a chance. This year with Lockyer FINALLY at 5/8 I think the Broncos are a definite premiership contender. You would think that they will be fired up to keep their unbeaten record intact against the Cowboys, especially as they've lost those 2 competition points.

By the way, I'm not sure there's much of a home ground advantage for the Cowboys when they play the Broncos in Townsville. They normally get 30000 people for this game but a lot of them are there to cheer on Brisbane!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-04-16 07:07 ]</font>