PDA

View Full Version : NRL bets for weekend of 16/4

marshy
15th April 2004, 08:46 PM
The panthers at -3 handicap for a $2 dividend.

Other than that im liking broncos over the cowboys.

marshy
15th April 2004, 08:52 PM
Also liking the roosters over the knights.

may put the above 3 in an accumulator and lay a bundle on penrith with the handicap.

jimmyc_dogs
15th April 2004, 09:39 PM
Canberra to beat Sharks 13+ $2.88
Parramatta to beat Manly 13+ $2.90
Canberra -4.5 $1.80
Parramatta -4.5 $1.88
Broncos HTFT over North queensland $2.00
Storm HT|FT over Rabbitohs $1.45

my pics for this weeks NRL

jimmy :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jimmyc_dogs on 2004-04-15 22:42 ]</font>

Desi
16th April 2004, 01:36 AM
Marshy,

Penrith will have to work harder this week and can't afford to have a flat patch against the Dragons (like they did against the Storm)...Saints seem to be getting a bit of rhythm and Barrett is finding some form...not sure the full stats but pretty sure Dragons go well against the Panthers (even last year) but will need a strong go forward pack and a much tighter defence out wide/ have to play as a team...Penrith D seem to struggle at the back so that will be an area that Nathan Brown will focus on in attack with their big backs...this will be an interesting game! Win stadium is difficult place for visiting teams to play...

Desi
16th April 2004, 02:13 AM
Jimmy,
Canberra have been pretty solid so far and lets face it the Sharks are crap LOL! Really hard to see that changing soon...

Geez, the Storm are a steady, hard working unit and have played a lot of the big teams and even though they have lost 3, they score a lot of points. With the Storm at home and playing at night, Souths are going to face a tough one here...Langmack may be seeing 2003 all over again unless they get a good start and stick to their basic game plan.

I'm staying away from Parra cos this is the sort of game they lose (even after a good win against a never-give-in Souths outfit)...will wait to see if they can get a roll on from this weekend. I did not see the Eagles game so not sure if Manly were playing well or the Doggies playing badly...any ideas?

North Q showed some good spirit and drive against a poor Cronulla side but again Brisbane should be far too strong and their forwards are looking ominous...it won't be all one way but the machine is back and will have to agree with Sports, Lockyer is looking more and more comfortable in the 5/8th role which will trigger some alarm bells for Cowboys coach Murray cos that is their weak spot in d and attack! They have been far too inconsistent and lacking focus at this stage of the comp to be a threat! Got some good players though...

Knights v Roosters will be a cracker...Morley is back and the Knights would have taken something back from the Warriors victory...forward battle will be something to watch...

Good luck and large returns this weekend!

jimmyc_dogs
16th April 2004, 06:24 AM
On 2004-04-16 03:13, Desi wrote:
Jimmy,
Canberra have been pretty solid so far and lets face it the Sharks are crap LOL! Really hard to see that changing soon...

yep, thats why im backing canberra to win by 13+ and -4.5

Desi
16th April 2004, 09:19 AM
Good on you Jimmy and Good Luck..what about the Storm at -13.5...reckon they have a good chance?

goldmember
16th April 2004, 11:09 AM
Desi, as steve miller sang, TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN, the storm by 26+, since souths came back in the comp in 2002 they have won 4/25 away games and none interstate and i have watched all of the storms games so far this year and only silly mistakes cost them wins against newcastle & penrith -13.5 GET ON !!!!

sportznut
16th April 2004, 11:43 AM
Yes, Melbourne have gone very close to beating Brisbane, Penrith and Newcastle (with Johns), so their form has been a LOT better than their position on the table indicates. They are also pretty much unbeatable in night games down there, so I think they may rattle up a score against Souths.

Desi
16th April 2004, 11:57 AM
Cheers Gold and Sports...I figured the same...will have a look at the line bet guys..go the Storm LOL!

goldmember
16th April 2004, 12:07 PM
I know there was talk on the radio this morning of craig wing of making a comeback on sunday, heard the same thing on tuesday knight here in newcastle and the players are preparing for him to be there . Im not sure but if he does, that spells big trouble and the knights won't be able to stop him.

last 4 games:

2002 R S/F ROOSTERS 38-12
2003 R 2 ROOSTERS 14-10
2003 R 10 ROOSTERS 36-14
2003 R S/F ROOSTERS 36-8

Roosters have won 5 of their last 7 games in newcastle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goldmember on 2004-04-16 13:15 ]</font>

goldmember
16th April 2004, 12:40 PM
See how i fare after sat, but i'll probably skip the parra/manly game also. I'm with you on that desi, as manly have a shocking record at home lately, letting in plenty, but parra's away record over the past 2 years is only ordinary and last year at brookvale oval manly won in overtime 36-34, so it's a toss of the coin.Regarding last week, the bulldogs look a dissinterested team that are going through the motions and can't wait for the season to end, also manly have outscored their opposition in the 2nd half in 4/5 games so far this year [ one site, you can bet on 2nd half handicaps- manly could be a good bet again ].
I'm loathe to agree with you on st george[yuk] as penrith have'nt won in wollongong since 1991 and the saints have won 4/5 last encounters

last 4 games:

2001 R 21 DRAGONS 28-6
2002 R 2 DRAGONS 24-16
2002 R 9 PANTHERS 30-26
2003 R 21 DRAGONS 34-28

CHEERS

Desi
16th April 2004, 02:04 PM
Cheers Goldmember...Morley is back in the Roosters lineup so will add steel to the already strong Easts pack.

Yeah, thought that Panthers v Storm game could have gone either way but Penrith's class players came through in the end...I think that St George will be a different proposition if given the opportunity but did not realise their record was that strong against the Panthers esp at WIN's.

Thanks for stats Goldmember...will have to think about that one...will definitely taking the Storm in the weekend.

jakelee
16th April 2004, 02:15 PM
Hi All,

Here's my ideas where I'll be betting on the Weekend. Good luck to all.
(using NSW TAB odds)

Bulldogs v Warriors
Bulldogs will take any penalty kick early on, to steady the ship. This is a test for them to see if they are getting back into form.
1st Scoring play - Bulldogs Penalty $50 @ $6.00

Sharks v Raiders
Raiders are a gun team away from home. Sharks can't even win on Saturday night at Shark Park anymore. Vagana was a waste of money (so far!), and he looked pretty ordinary last weekend. Move Peachy to the Centres, it's all they can do. Sharks will give up after tackle 3 and wait for a Kimmorley kick that no one chases.

Line Raiders -4.5 $100 @ $1.85 (now $1.80)
Total match points over 45.5 $100 @ $1.85

Broncos v Cowboys
Broncos are a team on the up, Cowboys are back to their old ways after some bright patches last year. Broncos with Lockyer in No 6. will really trouble them. This could be a boil-over.

Broncos 30+ $50 @ $7.50 (spec.)
Line Broncos -6.5 $100 @ $1.85

Storm v Souths
I think the odds are spot-on for this one. Bunnies could cover here, but I'm only about 50% on this.

Dragons v Panthers
Brown will get the lads to run at Preston all game. Dragons will get a good result if Hornby runs the ball up hard after a Panthers kick. Expect Amos to have a good game.
Can't see a clear winner here. But I am expecing an arm-wrestle. Put a spec on low total points.
Total Match Points 21-30 $25 @ $9.00

Knights v Roosters
Minichiello will get the Roosters over the line. Knights won't be able to kick behind the forwards for space like against the Warriors.
1st TryScorer Minichiello $20 @ $12.00
Roosters Hd2Hd $150 @ $1.50

Manly v Eels
A tough game to call. I want to tip the Eels, but I think Manly can win this one. Expect a flood of points in the second half.
Manly +5.5 $50 @ $1.85
Manly 1-12 FT $50 @ $4.00
HT/FT Parr/Manly $25 @ $7.50.

Good luck everyone!

goldmember
16th April 2004, 02:45 PM
Backed the BLUES,PT ADEL,RAIDERS,STORM and BRONCO'S yesterday at fixed odds on another site and got $4.46 and then went down to the tab and put the same on and got $3.98 [ only a little bet with some change, so it did'nt worry me]but if want to bet with $100 or $50 why would you bet with the tab [i only take the different multi's that you can't do at other places] it makes a difference when you punt up.Have a look around, your'e do ing yorself out of extra$$$.

cheers

sportznut
17th April 2004, 09:00 AM
Goldmember,

Do you like the chances of number 8 in race 7 at Cheltenham today??? :wink:

Paddy
17th April 2004, 09:06 AM
Hasn't missed a place so far, may be worth a look :wink:

Desi
17th April 2004, 08:39 PM
Sports, how's those Sharks for the 'bounce back' of the year? After calling them crap! LOL!

sportznut
17th April 2004, 09:51 PM
Yeah, it definitely must have been the 'Bounce Back Factor' at work for the Sharks. :smile:

I see the Melbourne/Souths game ended up pretty much as we had tipped. Melbourne were due for a big win after a few close losses and Souths were always going to find it tough tonight.

Desi
18th April 2004, 11:20 AM
Sports,
Felt sorry for the Rabbitohs...they kept plugging away but as you say they were playing a confident and rampant Storm team who were always going to finish well!

Also had Broncos at -6.5...thank God for Lockyer's drop goal...it was touch and go and what a great tackle by Frawley to stop Matty Bowen from scoring...an intensive last 10 minutes for the old ticker...betting makes watching sports almost unbearable LOL! Great game!

Are the Sharks back? We shall see...you can't rely on emotion to get you through your games...sooner or later you will be found out...reckon they will be at false odds in the next few rounds!

goldmember
18th April 2004, 12:38 PM
Sportz, had backed it last 2 starts and they were good runs but never had a bet yesterday on the gee gee's, all footy bets,and did my arse early, then i thought the better bets were the simple one's STORM: HT/FT allup BRONCO'S: HT/FT @ $3.06 got most of it back.

today a couple small bets

Stgeorge 1-12 $3.60

Knights goal $6.25

Manly 2nd half handicap +2.5 $1.90

cheers

Paddy
20th April 2004, 08:20 AM
On 2004-04-17 10:00, sportznut wrote:
Goldmember,

Do you like the chances of number 8 in race 7 at Cheltenham today??? :wink:

The forum curse strikes again?!

sportznut