CRUSADERS 1.20 (-11.5)
STORMERS 4.50 (+11.5)

WARATAHS 1.20 (-13.5)
HIGLANDERS 4.50 (+13.5)

BRUMBIES 1.16 (-16.5)
HURRICANES 5.00 (+16.5)

CATS 1.75
REDS 2.05

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-04-29 15:56 ]</font>

Mr J
28th April 2004, 01:45 AM
Well my predicted scores are:
Chiefs-bulls, 35-23
sharks-blues, 24-27
crusaders-stormers, 34-28
nsw-highlanders, 30-22
brumbies-hurricanes, 33-23
cats-reds, 27-27

Based on current lines/prices I'd be taking:
Chiefs -10.5
stormers +11.5
highlanders +14.5
hurricanes +16.5
reds 2.20

Don't know what I'll do with the sharks-blues match, I'll see what other lines/prices pop up.

Desi
28th April 2004, 06:43 PM
Have these guys been watching the games?

Can't believe the Hurricanes and Highlanders lines and even the Stormers and Bulls for that matter...think that the latter two will be close...

Desi
28th April 2004, 06:46 PM
Blues forwards did OK last week..but defence is a problem and I suspect we will see a different Sharks team and game this weekend. Is Carlos back? Could go close if he does start...

Mr J
29th April 2004, 02:07 PM
I agree with the crusaders-stormers game, it should be close.

Don't agree with the hurricanes & highlanders. They are both good teams and can give the brumbies and NSW a run for their money.

Personally I want to see the chiefs crusaders and brumbies lose. Not worried about teams behind NSW (not even the sharks on 26 are a threat providing NSW wins both remaining games). It does look like NSW and the brumbies are going to meet in the semi's again.

Squirter
29th April 2004, 02:32 PM
G'day...Ins & outs sofar.

HIGHLANDERS. IN. Saunders,(who's he ) Right Wing. Tuilevu, Left wing. Webb, No. 8. Dermody, replacing Hoeft L H Prop.

HURRICANES. OUT. Gerry Collins (injured) but check to-morrow, http://www.hurricanes.co.nz

CHIEFS, full team. http://www.chiefs.co.nz

BLUES & CRUSADERS, Christ knows at this stage. I think thats about it for now.

Squirter.

Desi
29th April 2004, 03:39 PM
Cheers Squirter...is Carlos playing for the Blues?

Heard Cashmore might be in the Chiefs squad this weekend also? They will only be without Lowen and the hooker (forgot his name) this weekend...still think they need better centres pairings (Lowen only class one)...

Squirter
29th April 2004, 07:12 PM
G'day again you jokers,

CHIEFS.
Miller will be the run-on fullback but don't be surprised if Cashmore trots out sometime in the 2nd. half...he trained with 'em Tuesday. Paddock should be firm.

CRUSADERS. Mauger and Jack are back, all the rest are the same.

BLUES. Have not heared a dicky bird....would not be surprised if Spencer is rested. Have heard the AB selector is on the case there.

Better goan D/L me racing.

Cheers guys.

sportznut
29th April 2004, 07:35 PM
I think Spencer is back for this week's game. Meanwhile, Devine is out for the year!

Squirter
29th April 2004, 08:43 PM
G'day sportz,

Devine out, now thats a kick in the teeth for the blues.

Cheers

Mr J
30th April 2004, 04:36 PM
Here here we are:

Chiefs -10.5
Blues -1.5
Stormers +12
Highlanders +15
Hurricanes +17.5
Reds 2.20

Haven't lose a single week so far this year, let's see if this is the week :wink:

Desi
30th April 2004, 06:18 PM
Agree with your selections Mr J...not sure about the Reds but good luck with that...they owe us LOL!

We will see if the Brumbies are the real deal cos they need to put the Hurricanes away from the start to get back to their winning ways...Wellington can be a stubborn foe when they're in their mood...but if Collins is missing they will struggle!

Warratah should win...the Highlanders defence is not up to standard and NSW backs showed that they can score points.

Still think the Blues will go close against the Sharks and it will be close between Cats and Reds (who will be buoyed by their effort last week).

Chiefs and Crusaders will win but think it will be close. Chiefs are definitely improvers..watched their game last night...at full strength and luck they could make the 4...everyone has a chance after that. Crusaders have struggled to maintain focus for full 80 minutes and if they do that this weekend then they have timed their peak perfectly!

Good betting to all this weekend!

30th April 2004, 08:26 PM
Chiefs 24 Bulls 22

Nice call Desi.

Floydyboy
30th April 2004, 09:52 PM
I backed the chiefs and penrith tonite.... good things i thought.. took the long odds on and had me bloody heart in my mouth all night talk about hard yakka

Desi
1st May 2004, 11:04 AM
Floydyboy,
It was close all right! Sports betting makes watching these games even more exciting...thought Penrith's luck had run out...perhaps their top players were feeling the effects of 2 games last weekend.

Chiefs can't afford to give the lead away next week against the Brumbies. Winning was good but they needed the bonus points also...Warratahs must fancy their chances to sneak in today. Consistency is important against a team like the 'canes otherwise they will come back to bite you...am staying away from this one!

Desi
1st May 2004, 11:31 AM
Apologies one and all...the Warratahs play the Highlanders...not the Hurricanes...d'oh!

As mentioned earlier...Highlanders defence has been poor and NSW has a strong all round attacking record (esp backline)...Blues won against the Sharks but don't think they will get the other results to be able to sneak in! Think Sharks are out of the equation though...does that sound right?

Floydyboy
1st May 2004, 11:40 AM
Ive had an accumulator
chiefs, penrith,waratahs,parra,newcastle,arsenal,and port adelaide for $20/ = $90.20
But I backed both penrith and chiefs each to win $100
I dont like the odds of the waratahs (especially since you think it mightr be close)or newcastle, arsenal and as good as adelaide is at home they havent flogged collingwood in their last 4 meets so the odds look a bit short there as well that leaves parra . the scratch odds look good there so ill probably back them to win a $100 and shut up shop for the weekend

sportznut
1st May 2004, 12:20 PM
On 2004-05-01 11:40, Floydyboy wrote:
I backed both penrith and chiefs each to win $100

Geez, you had some anxious moments last night with those two!!!

Floydyboy
1st May 2004, 01:19 PM
Youve assessed that situation correctly .
If theyd have romped in id probably be plonking on the waratahs newcastle and adelaide but it dented my confidence somewhat so ill just be backing parra i think

Squirter
1st May 2004, 01:57 PM
Desi,

where's your spirit of adventure....the 'canes by 6.

Cheers Squirter.

Squirter
1st May 2004, 02:01 PM
Sorry about that....Highlanders by 6.

Mr J
1st May 2004, 06:10 PM
Think I was the only one in the world to give the highlanders a chance. I hate being right :wink:

So Chiefs didn't cover, but blues and highlanders have (so 2-1 so far). Don't see the crusaders running away with it either.

1st May 2004, 06:26 PM
On 2004-05-01 18:10, Mr J wrote:
Think I was the only one in the world to give the highlanders a chance. I hate being right :wink:

Make that 2 Mr J, but I'm not as modest as you - I LUV BEING RIGHT :lol:

Desi
1st May 2004, 07:30 PM
Squirter/ Mr J,
Good call...NSW still inconsistent and fell away after looking a good thing...and the Reds next week!

Crusaders look like doing it with 14 men...do the Blues have a chance? They looked pretty good this morning...reckon the leading teams will be looking behind them nervously!

Mr J
2nd May 2004, 06:15 AM
The blues are definately in it, so are NSW. NSW must beat QLD in brisbane, where as the blues get a home game vs the highlanders (who have an outside chance). Don't know which team has it harder.

No matter what, both teams will need one of 2 things to happen:

The sharks to beat the stormers, or the brumbies to beat the chiefs (with the chiefs not getting a single bonus point). Even if the chiefs lose and don't get a bonus point, NSW and the blues would need to pick up 5 points. The blues may do it but to get the full 5 points against QLD in brisbane is a tough task, for any team.

NSW just has to hope that the stormers lose and that the blues don't pick up 5 points.

The painful thing is they could (and should) have so easily won yesterday. Just the 4 points would've put them in a great position, probally only needing a bonus point in the final round to secure a top 4 spot.

Anyway I went 3-3 this week, the two close results against the spread just not going my way (brumbies vs hurricanes and crusaders vs stormers).

The tri-nations should be good this year, all countries have a good super 12 season. Can't believe how close this season has been, the top 8 all still in with a chance.

Desi
3rd May 2004, 10:50 AM
Yes, it has been a close season and really good to follow and to bet on!

The Blues will need to pick up a bit at home to the Highlanders but will not be short on confidence and will score lots of points. Mr J, do youy know what are the playing records for the Stormers v Sharks games?

Mr J
3rd May 2004, 04:28 PM
As in head 2 head?

4-3 to the stormers.

This game should be close but I'll be happy as long as the stormers don't pick up the win.