PDA

View Full Version : NRL Round 8 Results

jakelee
3rd May 2004, 04:57 PM
Penrith looked ordinary against the Tigers... they really seem to be slipping now, I wonder what start Souths will get aginst them? I thought Souths were very determined against the Knights in Newcastle. Especially to be leading at half time!

The Dragons showed their hand, winning in style at Shark Park. They are showing some consistancy now, and depending how they hold up through the rep season, they could be a contender. Manly will be in trouble on Sunday.

Parramatta do everything they can to lose in the first half. They only like playing the second half, and usually by then it is too late. Fantastic second half of footy though, with some dust-ups and Cayless intimidating the ref on his debut in First Grade.

Warriors finally win at home, very simple football, which should see them get over the Cowboys if they keep it up. But I really expected Melbourne to win this.

Roosters do it again, Canberra are solid, but not great. They just seem to be missing something against the top teams. Expect the Tigers to fight hard, and I'm expecting a closer margin this week.

The specials for the weekend - the Broncos, couldn't do it over the Dogs. I expected the Broncos to win, but with an injured Lockyer, it was gonna be close. The bulldogs targeted the five-eight and full back all match, and it worked for them. No Johns for them to target next weekend.

All-in-all, not a good betting weekend for me. Got some money from the Dragons, but lost on Penrith and Broncos. We'll see this week!

Look forward to this week's odds... I think there might be some restless nights for the odds-makers this week. ;p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jakelee on 2004-05-03 16:58 ]</font>