PDA

View Full Version : Manly v Dragons 9/5

jakelee
6th May 2004, 08:14 AM
Hello Punters,

Plenty of money coming for Manly in this game, both with the start and off the bat. http://www.onthepunt.com.au/NRL.php

But I just can't see it! I must have missed something.

Desi
7th May 2004, 11:27 AM
Jakelee,
I don't have the stats but I recall Manly doing quite well against the Dragons in the past. But this is a St George side travelling really well at the moment (with the best attack and defence in the league)...they are strong all around the paddock.

It really is a crucial game for Des Hasler's side to win...if only for credibility..I reckon they will be giving it 100% and hopefully Andrew Walker can give them some width in attack and Hoppo 'pulls his finger out' and plays some football. They have been finishing well but really have to take the game from the start and stay in front...good luck to them, I say. Could be a line bet Jakelee?

What about the other games mate? Any ideas?

I think Roosters, Storm and Panthers will win comfortably against their respective oponents...

Cowboys v Warriors is an interesting one with both teams needing this game to boost their aspirations. Thought the Warriors forwards stuck to their guns last week against a strong Melbourne pack...but the Cowboys seem to do well (esp at home) against the NZ side and their outside backs will have a field day if the Warriors don't tighten up out wide. Lance Hohaia adds sum organisation and options at stand off and could be the key in a tight game. This will be a stern test for Ali-less Warriors team... not sure they're up to it.

Think Brisbane will still get up against the Raiders (even without Lockyer and their starting front row) but it will be close...that is if Tallis continues his great form and doesn't lose his cool LOL!

Bulldogs forwards are back to their bruising best...not sure how many are doubling up after the City v Country game but still think they will come through to take this one against the Knights who struggled early against a depleted Rabbitons side.

It will be an interesting weekend esp to see if the Eagles turn up on Saturday to play and if the Broncos can keep to their winning ways...Good luck Jakelee and good punting LOL!

goldmember
7th May 2004, 02:08 PM
manly have lost there last 8 at brookevale, so maybe people think there due or someone knows something we don't, saints have a few injurys plus a few backing up from fridays game compared to a couple from manly, maybe there hoping a few more may drop out, thats all i can think of.

jakelee
7th May 2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks for your comments Desi and goldmember... perhaps it is just a dead-cat-bounce bet.

Roosters v Tigers
Roosters to win. Tigers scoreless in the first half.
Tigers are gonna have their fullback in the city/country match, who even though not a great fullback, has been good for the Tigers. The Roosters will pepper him all game, knowing that he will be tired from Friday night. Expect the Tigers to be running the ball from their goal line, and kicking at 40m. The wingers will drop back further to support the tired fullback - so expect to see Moodie taking more bombs than usual, this will keep the Tigers pinned in their half (with Skandalis also tired). One the plus side, more ball for Moodie will be good for the Tigers - he's playing like a man with nothing to lose, so I am expecting him to make good meters. Take Roosters first points tryscorer @ $1.70 and Tigers Total points 0-10 @ $3.50.

Melbourne v Sharks
Melbourne to win.
Kimmorley will play well down there. Warriors showed us how to beat the Storm - hold onto the ball, be patient and wait until the storm crack. I think the Warriors v Storm was the first time I had seen the Storm start to 'lose it' this season. So... if the Sharks can play patiently, not try anything fancy, they can win this one... but I'm pretty sure Kimmorley and Peachy (and Vagana) will not be able to help themselves! Storm to win @ $1.30

Cowboys v Warriors
Hmmm... Can't separate these two. Contrast the fans - Cowboys lose, fans keep coming, Warriors lose, and there are tumbleweeds in the stands. Both had high expectations at the start of the season, but have come up with little yet. This will be a tight match, but really I think the Cowboys played better last week. My head says Warriors but my gut says Cowboys. Take the Cowboys to win @ $1.85

Panthers v Rabbitohs
Panthers to win. Rabbitohs to cover the spread.
Brilliant first half from the Rabbits last week. If they can pull that out for at at least 20 mins, they will cover. Panthers haven't beaten Souths by over 20 points since 1995. Souths to cover +22.5 @ $1.93

Raiders v Broncos
Raiders to win. No Lockyer, and playing in Canberra in cooler weather. Tallis will be grumpy. No bets worth playing here.

Knights v Bulldogs
Bulldogs to destroy a Johnsless Knights side. Bulldogs 13+ @ $2.60

Manly v Dragons
Plenty of money for Manly. But I don't think so. The guys with money on this have money because they know what they are doing. So I'm gonna sit tight, and place a $1 pick the score Dragons 32 - Manly 4.

Good luck all!

Desi
10th May 2004, 11:47 AM
Jakelee,
St George and the Sharks are 2 teams that are too difficult to follow...having said that, the Sea Eagles played with a lot of grit and focus yesterday...thought that Monaghan had an ordinary first half but improved in the second...Manly will need to improve in the halves dramatically to have any further chances of winning...

Actually you can put the Knights in the too hard basket as well...they did well against a tired doggies team...

Daniel Anderson may be ruing his decision to get rid of Ali...or maybe he has someone in mind to spend all the extra cash when transfers open up again! They will be wooden spooners if they fail to win their next 2 against Manly and Souths...

And to think picking winners will be getting more difficult when the State of Origin starts up... LOL!