PDA

View Full Version : Super 12 Semifinal.

Squirter
13th May 2004, 08:51 PM
CHIEFS, back from injury, Kellegher, Lowen.
Out injured. Lauaki.

BRUMBIES squad, any news ??

CRUSADERS, out injured, Marshall, probably Cris Jack...back from injury Mauger.

STORMERS, full squad.

sportznut
13th May 2004, 09:13 PM
Smith and Chisolm were in doubt for the Brumbies, but it looks like they'll play.

Mr J
14th May 2004, 08:02 AM
Well I calculate the spread for the ACT-Chiefs should be -16.5 (actually greater, I place much importance in H2H which would have increased this by a couple of points).

I calculate the Crusaders-Stormers spread to be -9.5.

SO, I'm taking the brumbies at -16.5 at 2.01,
and the stormers +12.5 at 1.95.

Desi
14th May 2004, 11:45 AM
Squirter/ Mr J,
I've said in previous posts I am not a fan of Justin Marshall and don't consider him a big loss other than missing his experience at this level...Overall, the Crusaders have shown a lack of commitment for the full 80 and have depended on the amazing Richie McCall and the other loosies..Stormers are a dangerous lot and are a chance but there are no requirements to score tries so you will need a good kicker and sound tactics. If the Crusaders are able to focus and keep rolling forward then they will win but don't think it will be too much in it.

The Chiefs gave it their all on the home turf and still couldn't score a try...Lauaki is a loss and the key is really in their forwards..dominate and keep 'em going backwards...old school pressure...I'd like to see Kelleher take it up as much as possible...you only have to win by one point! Its not impossible but very hard to go past the Brumbies! Class all around the field and the ability to soak up the initial pressure and then take control. Great team! It will be a good watch whatever the result! Go Waikato LOL!

Mr J
14th May 2004, 12:27 PM
Desi I agree with the stormers giving the crusaders a run. Like you said, kicking will come into it and Carter, well just look how he's done this season. Wouldn't be surprised if Stormer takes him out (or maybe a rabid stormers fan). Reminds me, seeing Carlos smashed was a beautiful sight :smile:

I also agree that the brumbies will be too good. I wouldn't fall over if they ran away with it. An amazing force at home, winning their last 27 of 31 matches in Canberra. I know I've been saying the brumbies have been overrated, but here, for this game I don't know how anyone could go against them.

People are expecting to see the Brumbies at home vs the Crusaders. That'd make for a great match to watch but I'd like to see the stormers get in there.

Squirter
14th May 2004, 06:00 PM
Well Desi, you mention Marshall and on this seasons performance the only person in the same street is Kellegher. We'll run the tape over the pair of 'em to-morrow. the CRUSADERS tight 5 ( Filipo replaces the injured Jack) will hold their own against the STORMERS and they haven't got a 6 7 or 8 that will equal Broomhall, McCaw, or Thorne, and this is where this game will be won. With the inclusion of Ben Blair at the back I think we will see a fairly free flowing game after about the first 20 minutes or so. Hopefully the Aussie Ref and the weather will let it flow and the CRUSADERS will run away with it in the second 1/2. And there is some bloody good ammunition sitting on the bench too.

Mr J, I wouldn't be taking the CHIEFS too lightly. They would have learnt from last week. With Lauaki out they have shifted Ormond to No 6 and Bates to No 8 with Holah staying at No 7 but the interesting thing is they will be starting Cashmore off the bench. The changes they have made suggests they are going to turn the BRUMBIES and run at their defensive line, if they do this I think they can win the game as the BRUMBIES can get rattled a bit...if they dont do this it will create the space for the BRUMBIES to play their expansive game and we all know what will happen then. It will be a South African Ref and lets hope it's WATSON, he's the best of the bunch. But we are in for a hell-of-a couple games.

NZ TAB H2H. BRUMBIES 1.18 CHIEFS 4.50
CRUSADERS 1.22 STORMERS 4.00

If anyones interested FOB for Doomben Cup DISTINCTLY SECRET 5.00 and
DEFIER 5.00 joint Fav. A few other Aussie races there too. http://www.tab.co.nz

Squirter
14th May 2004, 06:06 PM
Ment to mention,

Marshall passed fit to-day...hey Mr J, how about an all Kiwi final.

I'll shout ya a box of beer if that happens...Waikato XXXX.

Tongue hanging out Desi !!!!