PDA

View Full Version : BANNED

goldmember
31st May 2004, 10:12 AM
This is my banned list so far for this year, no doubt it will be added to in the coming weeks.

HAWTHORN
RICHMOND
CARLTON
ADELAIDE

SOUTHS
WARRIORS
EELS
MANLY

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goldmember on 2004-06-05 17:30 ]</font>

sportznut
31st May 2004, 11:02 AM
Most of those were already on my 'banned' list before the season even began! I must admit the Warriors have been a HUGE disappointment however.

goldmember
31st May 2004, 11:18 AM
At least it will cut out ordinay games for me when these teams play each other, as i WILL NOT be watching or betting them, there are another couple on the borderline as well, but i dont bann them until i have seen them 5 or 6 times, and that will leave me with a core of better teams, with less teams to lose on,the better my chances are of winning.

Desi
31st May 2004, 12:58 PM
Gold/ Sports,
Agree with you both esp Parra and the Warriors but there are times when the odds are good enough to lay off on these teams to cover any boilover results and keep losses to a minimum...AFL for example regularly provides outcomes that are unexpected...but to be honest, I am the wrong one to ask about tipping the Rules Footy winners as recent results have shown-HAHAHA!

goldmember
31st May 2004, 01:11 PM
No desi,cant have these teams under any circumstances, agree about the AFL, put those stupid predictions in too early last week and got 3/8, if i did it later in the week i would have had 6/8. Never gave it much thought before but is there more upsets in the afl so far this year than previously, because there eating into my league bets.

moeee
31st May 2004, 04:57 PM
Can't say I've noticed anything peculiar there Goldmember.
Only got seven out of eight last week.Managed to get my tips in before the bounce as well.We all know how easy they are to pick after the race,don't we Sportznut.
C'mon rabbitz,stick your head up out of that hole your hiding in and shed a bit of light on us mere mortals.
(Actually copped a hammering the week before,Goldmember!.Only got the usual four winners.)
Just the typical roller coaster ride of punting at large.

Cheers Mo.

goldmember
5th June 2004, 04:36 PM
Adelaide have been incosistant all year and i thought they HAD to beat carlton at home, so i took them -2.5, up by 29 pts and they threw it away in the last quarter, what a bunch of CATS, i'm convinced now in the afl as the same as the nrl there isn't enought 1st grade players there to fill teams, some of them are not up to that level and some are definately over the hill.

moeee
5th June 2004, 05:17 PM
Went to the effort of compiling a banned list and then goes and bets on a game with two banned members.
Don't go off at the Crows,Goldmember.Get that pumpkin off your shoulders.
Funny how we all are so clever and then we are so stupid.I think it's because we are just hanging out too much to let a race get away without having an interest in it.
You know,I think a buddy system would possibly work where your buddy holds your money and you need his permission to place a bet.And vice versa.
May sound a bit childish but might be worth considering.
On second thoughts could lead to a few vehement discussions.
Consider most of the above post as deleted.

Cheers Mo.

goldmember
5th June 2004, 05:24 PM
what the?

goldmember
5th June 2004, 05:26 PM
Only 1 was banned before the game,i added the crows after the game thank you very much! i'm not that silly

goldmember
5th June 2004, 05:30 PM
That johncock[last part of name correct]played like crap

moeee
5th June 2004, 05:51 PM
On 2004-06-05 18:26, goldmember wrote:
Only 1 was banned before the game,i added the crows after the game thank you very much! i'm not that silly

Well I apologise for my erroneous input.
I was just commenting on what I saw posted.Didn't realise the Adelaide bit was put in after the game.
In fact I don't even know the result of the game.I take it the Blues won.
I suppose I would be also be annoyed if my selection was beaten by a team that I hate.
It happens.
Every selection you back that loses,makes the chances greater the next will be a winner.

Cheers Mo.

goldmember
3rd July 2004, 08:22 AM
UPDATE:

SOUTHS
WARRIORS
EELS
MANLY

HAWTHORN
RICHMOND
CARLTON
ADELAIDE
ESSENDON

sportznut
3rd July 2004, 08:42 AM
:smile: If you include every single team that loses after you back them, your banned list will probably end up being every single team in both comps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-07-03 09:43 ]</font>

goldmember
3rd July 2004, 08:54 AM
Sportz, i never ever back essendon , those bastards beat me all the time last year, i back them -they lose, i back against them- they win, ive watched them , they are only average this this year and cant beat a decent team, only run of the mill sides, and towards the end of the year you'll be down to 2 anyway, so might as well get rid of some dead wood along the way !

sportz,if i banned all the sides that i back and they lose i would just be watching from now until the grand final LOL

CHEERS

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goldmember on 2004-07-03 10:24 ]</font>

moeee
3rd July 2004, 12:17 PM
I think you are underating teams like Melbourne and Kangaroos.
I tell you what else I think about Essendon.
They have the frame of mind at the moment that it's their right to the 4 points just for turning up.
If Grant Thomas was running the show,they wouldn't be so smug.
Like Schwarzenegger,They'll be back!