PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster Hcp weights : your opinion?

mahogany
16th February 2002, 05:17 PM
for me, the fact that both Lonhro and the late Viscount got 56kg was rediculous.

it looks like Lonhro is being weighted on potential. imo, handicapping should be systematic - a horse gets wieghted according to past performances, not its potential or its stable.

Mark Webbey's comments in attempting to explain why he gave Sunline 58kg's once again reflect his ignorance of form analysis.
imo, he should not be the AJC handicapper. he knows very little about this game, which is quite laughable.

a man who has never been a punter/ form student has no place handicapping horse races. what are his credentials?

for a long range tip, i like Chong Tong's wieght of 50kg's. in the late spring he really made the step up to Group class horse.
his 3rd in the Lightning first-up augurs well for a successful campaign. as well, Lee Freedman is training winners again. we all know he is a man that can prepare a horse for a big race.

Chong Tong will be a definate winning chance.

Mr. Logic
20th February 2002, 11:30 AM
Get a little rain and Chong Tong will sink!
I don't like long term forecasts for these races.
There's just too much info.lacking eg actual field, track conditions and barrier draw to really come up with anything useful.Even the latest form of the horse!
Mind you, Sunline looks very well weighted. But if it draws the widest barrier??