PDA

View Full Version : Post Race Analysis

syllabus23
19th July 2004, 09:37 AM
After agonising over ratings for hours it can be frustrating to see your top selection perform like a donkey.

Like most things in life, self confidence is vital to success.To develop a decent rating method and to be totally mystified by the final outcome can drive a horse racing punter to the Keno desk at the bowling club.
For me, post-race analysis is as important as pre-race analysis and the key to many failures can be found in the Stewards Reports.

As we all know each state has its own Racing Control Board.Each one has a web site which is freely available online.For my money the "Racing Victoria Limited" site is head and shoulders above the others.

Having said that,they all make Stewards Reports available the day after race day.You can go there while your mind is still fresh and quite often discover the reason why your "certainty" ran sixth.

On Saturday two of my "good things" did nothing.On Sunday morning I discovered that one of them had pulled up distressed and the other was galloped on during the race and sustained a nasty cut.Hey,, thats racing,, we all know that.The main thing is that it didn't cause me to lose confidence in my selection methods.

My point is...The availabilty of Stewards reports "the following day" is a vital ingredient for successful punting.I know that many punters who frequent this forum are fully aware that this information is "online" and "free"

For those who dont,take a look,, you may be surprised at the information they contain.
Start with Racing Victoria Limited.

Good Punting..

maverick1993
19th July 2004, 01:42 PM
i agree Syllabus i always check the Stewards report..also by analyzing the Video you get a good idea on exactly how severe the interference ect was...