PDA

View Full Version : Up under 4 days

beton
9th August 2004, 12:14 AM
Just got this UK racing would it be applicable here?
Rules
First or second favorite up again four days or less.
They show a profit over five years The theory being that the trainer knows that the horse is at it's peak fitness.

Is this a valid point or method here

Regards Beton

Mr. Logic
9th August 2004, 09:00 AM
The point seems valid, but you very rarely get horses running again so soon. The exception is on Saturday before the Melbourne Cup the following Tuesday. Anyone have stats how Saturday's runners have gone in the Cup?

beton
9th August 2004, 10:27 AM
The Uk results were 900 over five years so not many 180 per year.
Regards Beton

bwheatle
9th August 2004, 10:27 PM
I use a place system of betting based on the factor that you mention. Ie. Horse backing up over 7 days or less. Works well for me, but like yourself, don't have the stats going back far enough.

Any input on this front would be greatly apprciated!

Bazza

Chrome Prince
10th August 2004, 12:53 AM
Beware trying to apply UK systems to Aussie racing, there are a great many differences between the two.

Bhagwan
10th August 2004, 01:34 AM
The 4 day break works well on Country races, where you will find a few, does not work well on Provincial or Metro .
I use a profitable plan based on this.

The 7 day rule works best on races 1200M exactly .

I have a massive data base that can rearch this kind of stuff.

beton
10th August 2004, 11:40 AM
Thanks Bhagwan

So you say that a first or second favorite returning in 7 days or less at exactly 1200m is a profitable system as opposed to a last start winner returning in 7 days or less. Is todays race 1200m and the previous start also 1200m or can this vary.

Can you run this for me please at your leisure

Regards Beton

Bhagwan
10th August 2004, 09:13 PM
Hi Bento,
The 1200M rule I use is based on last start winners in last 7 days exactly, over todays distance of exacly 1200M regardless of it`s LS distance.

I have also places a few filters into my plan.

It works very well.