PDA

View Full Version : Green Light System

storm
19th March 2002, 02:05 PM
Hey all,
Iwas reading practical punting monthly, when i came across the green light system which claims to have had up to 164.75% profit over the last 15 months. Is anyone familiar, or actually using this system at the moment? and if so, how is it going?

astroboy
19th March 2002, 10:08 PM
Hi Storm

I have been using the system for a few weeks, and I am aware of the claims of past performance, however recent results I have monitored (last four weeks) suggest caution with 'The Green Light'

I do hope it turns around as it has only selected 1 winner in the last three weeks and that paid $1.60 on the Qld TAB.

Like most products PPM offer it is slick and glossy, gets me thinking of idea's and angles some systems come up with (helps make my hobby abit more fun). Maybe I caught it on a bad cycle, hopefully I can give you better news in the future :smile:

Regards

Zeldo

storm
20th March 2002, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback Zeldon, i see that in the latest edition of PPM there is a another system they are advertising called The Diamond Portfolio this time claiming up to 153.6% profit, intresting to see how this one goes, anyway, i hope your fortunes turn around on the green light and you start making a buck. Let me know how you go.

Mr. Logic
20th March 2002, 08:57 PM
If someone could really make 160% profit on turnover with no effort involved do you think they would be flogging it for around $100 or so? Would you?

Bhagwan
21st March 2002, 12:54 AM
Has anyone ever bought a system from Practical Punting Monthly that doesent loose money ,let alone live up to even half the profits claimed?
I have acquired a number of their systems over many years ,they all look promising, because they claim extensive testing by a world acclaimed two headed genious ,with a mathermatics I.Q. equal if not more than the United States national debt.

& they all seem to fall into a hole.So! what do they do? They release another plan thats even more amazing than the previous, it is even more sensational,of the likes that`s never be seen before in the history of the Unaverse.
If any one out there has this plan or the other mentioned ,please make arrangments to rush me a copy. because I`m quickly running out of toilet paper.

Me thinks they talk with forlk tongue.

Bhagwan
21st March 2002, 01:10 AM
160% profit on turnover with minimal input all for just $100 ? beauty!I`ll have 2 please .

Dobbin
29th March 2002, 01:09 AM
My experience

Greenlight since 17-11-01, 140 selections, has yielded P/L% -23.6%
Diamond since 23-03-02 ie one race-day, 7 selections, yielded P/L% -100.0%

So, both negative, and no bonanza!

astroboy
29th March 2002, 05:53 PM
Hi Dobbin

Maybe you have purchased an idea, and not something set in concrete. (Something often overlooked by critic's who write here) .... No offence intended to any user :smile:

Do not be afraid to play with their idea's (Change things, introduce your own idea's or elimination rules to make it work)

Good luck with your efforts.

Regards

Zeldon

harvsplace
5th April 2002, 07:56 PM
I have tracked the systems provided by Practical Punting this years and have the results on spreadsheet if anyone is interested. Some of the systems like Diamond and Shadow have done well. Solitaire and Target not so well.

If anyone is interested I will send ththe sheets.

croft
5th April 2002, 08:20 PM
I also use some PPM systems, namely Green Light, Solitaire, Shadow and Target. It is still early days but shadow is making a good profit while the others are struggling. Solitaire gives a reasonable profit if you bet for a place.
Another system I have used with success(once again still early days) is choosing races with 9 to 14 runners where the favourite is paying $3.00 or more. With 2 minutes to go you check which horses are 2nd, 3rd and 4th favs. If their prices are averaging $6 or more you place a win bet on each in proportion to their price i.e. the higher the price the less you put on and vice versa. This means all will return approx the same amount if one of them wins.At the moment I run at 65% win rate with each win returning about 100% profit. I have made up a simple works spreadsheet that calculates how much I put on each horse.It takes about 1 minute to do the calculations and place the bet. Anyone with even limited knowledge could make up the spreadsheet.This is still only in the early days but I'm hoping, because very little else works.

storm
6th April 2002, 08:20 AM
How would i go about getting my hands on that info harvsplace?

Thanks