PDA

View Full Version : Northerly

sportznut
7th October 2004, 09:43 AM
Thank goodness they finally had a bit of common sense and decided to retire him.

sportznut
7th October 2004, 09:46 AM
Private Steer is also out of the Toorak and EXTREMELY doubtful for the Cox Plate.

rabbitz
7th October 2004, 12:52 PM
i would like to take this opportunity to thank you sportnutz and paddy for the ceaseless valuable info provided to users of this forum.
cheers :cool:

Starcraft
7th October 2004, 01:35 PM
Has Northerly officially been retired?

Northerly
7th October 2004, 10:40 PM
yep :sad:

Starcraft
8th October 2004, 01:22 PM
No! I am going to have to protest! I'm sure Northerly COULDN'T have gone another race without a serious showing! How can you do this to this horse? What about the old timers who hit their peak between 8 - 12? BRING NORTHERLY BACK!!!

sportznut
8th October 2004, 01:32 PM
I hope that was tongue in cheek??? Northerly should never have come back this spring. Seriously, did anyone actually think he was going to win?

Chrome Prince
8th October 2004, 02:01 PM
On 2004-10-08 13:22, Starcraft wrote:
No! I am going to have to protest! I'm sure Northerly COULDN'T have gone another race without a serious showing! How can you do this to this horse? What about the old timers who hit their peak between 8 - 12? BRING NORTHERLY BACK!!!

Starcraft the horse is injured, a flareup of the old injury.
To make matters worse, Fred noticed heat and swelling in the area and STILL took him out next day for trackwork.
Fred's reply.."We had to try, we couldn't have known".

Anyone with an ounce of horse sense would have known.
Serious injury
Group competitor
Tries his heart out
7 years old

Recipe for a breakdown.

Raw Instinct
8th October 2004, 09:39 PM
It was sad that he couldn't comeback but now he gets to go out and laze around in a paddock and do nothing for the rest of his life have fun Champ you have deserved it and I am sure like we could all say thanks for the memories.

Northerly
8th October 2004, 11:57 PM
Amen to that!!

Would be nice if they kept him in Melbourne for the next 2 weeks so he could lead the field out for the Cox Plate.

Thanks Northerly
NO GUTS, NO GLORY