PDA

View Full Version : import tab prices into excel

stugots
6th November 2004, 11:29 AM
as there seems to have been a bit of interest around about importing prices into excel heres how -

to import tab prices from unitab (also works with victab with some small differences & i havent tried nsw as yet)

1. set unitab as your home page in internet explorer
2. open a blank excel workbook
3. from the Data menu select 'Import external data' then 'new web query'
4. wait for the unitab page to load then select the race you wish to import
5. once the race page has loaded you will see a number of small yellow arrows next to each field that can be imported
6. click on the arrow next to 'No.' field - that being the line above the horse numbers & odds etc
7. this should turn the arrow green & highlight all the runners
8. select import at the bottom of the 'new web query' window & choose where you want the data placed
9. you will now have a list of all runners odds, weights etc & the odds can be refreshed by selecting 'refresh data' from the 'data' menu

if you run into any problems then highlight all the imported data & delete, then repeat the above. On occasions the 'refresh data' screws everything up
&you will need to start again.

also you can setup a formatted worksheet so that when you import the data, for example, all the odds at dispayed with 2 decimal places etc.

I would be happy to email the worksheet I use to anyone who is interested.

Stugs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stugots on 2004-11-06 11:31 ]</font>

dinodog
6th November 2004, 11:46 AM
That would be great thanks in advance.

mahato@bigpond.net.au

Shaun
6th November 2004, 11:59 AM
Yes thanks...i do it differently but that sounds good

the way i do it with OFFICE 2000 PRO is i go to the tab page and then i right click the page with the information i want then go to properties...this will show me the url i need i then copy this and go to data get external data copy the url in and then select how much formating and tables i need and that will place it on the doc...what excel are you using

can u send me e-mail to shaun2166@hotmail.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaun on 2004-11-06 12:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaun on 2004-11-06 12:41 ]</font>

stugots
6th November 2004, 01:18 PM
hi dino & shaun - files have been emailed.

shaun i am using excel 2000

stugs

Shaun
6th November 2004, 01:32 PM
not sure why it won't work your way do you log in to Unitab i just use the page that is displayed and the url link at the top is the same for every page.....from what i can see my way works the same as yours same info....so thats cool...i did try it on vic tab and works...pitty it does not work for WA tab...but that ok cause we use Stab prices anyway http://www.tabonline.com.au/cgi-bin/main.pl?page=/today.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaun on 2004-11-06 13:45 ]</font>

stugots
6th November 2004, 02:34 PM
you cant get it to work on uni?

Shaun
6th November 2004, 07:37 PM
i got it working on Uni tab but not the way you discribe...read my other post thats how i do it

Chuck
6th November 2004, 07:58 PM
chucky_s_3000@yahoo.com.au

thanks a lot in advance...

i've tried to do it on many occasions, but there is never an arrow next to no. ...

Chuck

stugots
7th November 2004, 10:26 AM
On 2004-11-06 19:37, Shaun wrote:
i got it working on Uni tab but not the way you discribe...read my other post thats how i do it

well you need to reread my instructions cause thats the way she works

stugots
7th November 2004, 12:55 PM
On 2004-11-06 19:58, Chuck_3000 wrote:
chucky_s_3000@yahoo.com.au

thanks a lot in advance...

i've tried to do it on many occasions, but there is never an arrow next to no. ...

Chuck

chuck you might try selecting the race you want before the unitab main page has fully loaded - that is before any yellow arrows appear on the main page.

hope that helps, if not i dont know what to tell you as i have run thru my instructions again to ensure nothing was left out & the process works exactley as described, as i have been using it for some time now.

i use internet explorer & excel 2000.

Zlotti
10th November 2004, 01:18 PM
Stugs

Could I have a look at the excel file?

Thanks

Zlotti

npb7@msn.com

stugots
10th November 2004, 05:23 PM
On 2004-11-10 13:18, Zlotti wrote:
Stugs

Could I have a look at the excel file?

Thanks

Zlotti

npb7@msn.com

file sent

Chuck
10th November 2004, 06:12 PM
what about me mate...don't think i've recieved anything yet...thanks anyway
Chuck

AssumeTheCrown
10th November 2004, 06:30 PM
I am interested also Stugots.

assumethecrown@hotmail.com

With Thanks
ATC

stugots
10th November 2004, 09:17 PM
chuck & assumethecrown, files sent

stugs

Zlotti
12th November 2004, 02:59 AM
Thanks Stugots

Works beautiful, gonna save a bloddy lot of typing.

Zlotti

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zlotti on 2004-11-12 03:00 ]</font>

Goldcoaster
12th November 2004, 03:03 PM
Hi,
Could you please email me your spreadsheet at
steve_roach34@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance

stugots
12th November 2004, 03:21 PM
just a point regarding refreshing the odds -

if you import more than 5 minutes prior to the off then try & refresh 5 minutes or less to the off, the refreshed data goes to shit.

this is because the '5 to go' field is added to the unitab race page, which results in the 'refresh' function importing the wrong fields. hope that made sense.

the only way i have found to get around this is to delete all imported data & repeat the import routine.

stugs