PDA

View Full Version : Media Puzzle + Fantastic Love

Mr ed
13th November 2004, 06:07 PM
I wonder if Dermot or Godolphin would consider leaving their horses here until the autumn with a stand in trainer. It would give them time to aclimatise and give races like the Australia Cup and BMW a huge shake. Both horses prefer firmer ground so why not leave them here where they can get them on a regular basis.

Northerly
13th November 2004, 06:10 PM
Good call Ed.

Particularly like the way Fantastic Love fights on and either the Australian Cup or BMW would be well within their grasp considering the shortage of WFA stars (Grand Armee excepted).

fast eddy
13th November 2004, 06:43 PM
Especially considering their respective runs in the Sandown today on a heavy track

Raw Instinct
13th November 2004, 08:24 PM
I know that Fantastic Love is going home Tuesday have not heard anything about Media Puzzle though it wouldn't surprise me alo9t if Dermott decided to leave it here for a bit who knows though.

dundas lane
15th November 2004, 09:02 PM
Never mind trying to keep Media Puzzle and Fantastic Love in this country, the only one we should concern ourselves with staying here is Dermot Weld!

After reviewing the Bendigo Cup, I'm convinced our trainers have absolutely "No Idea" of how to prepare a horse to run in any type of Distance Race. In fact, combine that thought with "brain-dead" jockeys who feel it necessary in having their mounts sitting four and five wide for an entire 2400 metre race and all you end up with are events which can only be described as "Farcical" at best! (Watch the head-on shot down the back straight; absolutely amazing!; corks in the ocean stuff).

The only time a genuine tempo appears in these type of races is often not because of a well trained or well thought-out plan, it's usually because a middle distance horse is trying to run a mile and a half; which it can't, and refuses to settle; thus increased speed; hence tempo. (Watch the Geelong Cup and see for yourselves).

So it's "Keep Dermot in Australia" for me.

It maybe our only hope.

dundas lane .......