PDA

View Full Version : Automated Betting

BJ
29th December 2004, 09:25 PM
Wondering if anybody can tell me about the legality of twonix. I like it for its ability to compare all divs and bet on best of them.. If there is another way, can somebody please explain it to me...

I have just set up excel 2003 and am just learning about the capabilities of getting tote divs into it but it seems like a lot of work if you were to bet on every race for the day...

It is possible for me to individually bet on each horse that I wish to back, but I really need the best div, and as I want to bet on every race, the ease of setting this up is paramount.

Any help would be appreciated. I know this has come up a few times but it usually goes over my head. Now I have up to date software, I wish to pick your brains again.

Thanks for taking the time....

Chrome Prince
29th December 2004, 11:08 PM
I can't comment on the legality of the product, but I'm sure this has been thoroughly researched by the vendors.

I think it's paramount to be on a cable connection to get the most out of it, and I'd think it's a lot more user friendly than using spreadsheets.

You'd have to have a seperate spreadsheet setup for each TAB and each race, or lose previous info. Also you cannot auto place bets from a spreadsheet as far as I am aware.

puntz
29th December 2004, 11:40 PM
Someone made a point of the download limits in Megabytes from a ISP.
It surpasses those limts so it might end up costing just to view the markets.
Not sure on it though but might be worth checking out.

stugots
30th December 2004, 11:51 AM
puntz, just had a look at the software & it looks like the right punter met the right programmer :)

bj, the import of divs into excel is fairly straightforward using the 'new web query' function - there have been a couple threads on the subject in this forum which will help.

http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=6318

puntz
31st December 2004, 12:42 AM
stebgos,

don't know what ya on about there dude, I use the program myself,not always though cos I don't require internet for prices.
There are other options to get prices. It's these options that should be made available to the end user cos there is no *absolute* requirement to gather prices from the internet.
Cost saving if ya want to think in terms of value and megabytes for info.download limits.

But yeah, well presented program and it does what most want it to do, export prices to excel.
OK, so now we have prices to spreadsheet..
yahoo

H.N.Yr.
Drive safely

stugots
31st December 2004, 12:17 PM
oi putz, dont be like that!

i would never use such software myself - shortcuts to thinking? no thanks! :-)~