PDA

View Full Version : database to test system ideas/analyse form components

brett
4th January 2005, 11:51 AM
hello,

i am new to this site, but would firstly like to say that there is some great information here, and thanks to everyone for sharing their ideas. what interests me most is where people have run system ideas through quite extensive databaes to almost instantly find out whether over the last few years or so, a certain system or idea would have produces a loss or profit, and what win and place strike rates and so on. this is a very valuable time-saving device to be able to use a database to test ideas on,and as such i would like to know, where u can get this information from and what does it cost????

any help would be greatly apprecited,as while i dont have any system ideas as such, i would like to test all sorts of different form angle on a large database to see what sort of profit and loss each produces, and then move forward from there to trying to develop the holy grail, ie. a system that actually makes money!!

thanks again, in advance.

brett

monkeyinjapan
4th January 2005, 01:09 PM
Hi Brett,

The best database to test systems is one that has its own forum on this site -- Price Predictor (now Bet Selector). It's very easy to use, has lots of kind people to help you, and isn't too expensive.

A word of warning however.... testing systems becomes very addictive. I find myself spending hours testing every combination of criteria available. Hopefully some of the systems I've developed will make as much in the future as they have on the past data.

Monkeyinjapan

YoungBuck
4th January 2005, 02:13 PM
Hi there,
Along with Brett, I am pretty new to this site and to
gambling software. It seems Bet Selector or GTX is the
software of choice, with cyberhorse the form to download.
Could anyone give there humble opinions on those programs,
and the best/affordable ways to build a decent database to run
systems against.
Regards,
YoungBuck

monkeyinjapan
4th January 2005, 06:07 PM
There was a fairly comprehensive review of both programmes, submitted by a member of this forum, but on a different forum. I'm pretty sure I can't use the name of the other forum here, so send me an e-mail and I'll post the reviews to you.

Monkeyinjapan

monkeyinjapan
4th January 2005, 06:42 PM
....and as I can't figure out how to allow my e-mail address to be accessed without typing it in for all to see....

sbdcarr at ams dot odn dot ne dot jp

Monkeyinjapan

brett
4th January 2005, 09:08 PM
thanks for your help moneyinjapan, i will email you also for those reviews, should be a great help.

Chuck
4th January 2005, 09:13 PM
Have a look at this: http://www.polarhome.com:713/~racensus/index.html

this is software made by Chrome Prince, a member on the forums

Ron50
5th January 2005, 11:53 AM
Hi Chuck,

I can not access this URL.Is there a problem??

Regards,
Ron.

Chuck
5th January 2005, 01:16 PM
not sure...if it doesn't work then click on Chrome Prince's name on top of a message, and click on "view homepage"

gizzard
5th January 2005, 01:22 PM
url worked for me but took a little time to load.

DR RON
5th January 2005, 06:49 PM
I downloaded the demo version which took a lot longer than it should have, and then I could not open the file , something about it being corrupt???

DR RON
5th January 2005, 07:34 PM
Instead of the word corrupt ,I should have said incorrectly formatted. Sorry. I was going to edit it but I was too late.

Chrome Prince
5th January 2005, 07:58 PM
Without violating forum terms of use, the demo version has a problem with windows 98, if you want a demo version compatible with 98 please contact me.

Propun, I am responding to a problem in order to assist - that is all.

DR RON
5th January 2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks Chrome, I am running windows 98, would you be able to email me the demo??

Chrome Prince
6th January 2005, 01:30 AM
Thanks Chrome, I am running windows 98, would you be able to email me the demo??

DR RON the demo is too large to email, it's now fixed if you redownload it from the website.

DR RON
6th January 2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks Chrome, have redownloaded, works now.

moeee
6th January 2005, 11:09 AM
Chrome Prince!
I am running windows 98 with a phone line modem.
Can someone advise how long it takes to download.
Dr Ron maybe?

system
6th January 2005, 02:49 PM
it took about 20mins

DR RON
6th January 2005, 06:09 PM
Hi Moeee,

I am on broadband 512k and it took about 3 minutes whereas I expected it to take less than one based on other downloads. On dial-up it would have taken me about 18-20 minutes.

moeee
8th January 2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys.