PDA

View Full Version : MY SYSTEM

Shaun
13th May 2002, 04:25 PM
Hi all.....i am new to this forun so i thought i would just give my 2 cents worth and see what you think.

If a trainer is doing his/her job they train a horse to win, yes some horses never win but most do at times.....i try to find a horse that is young say 3 or 4 that has some abillity with say a 30% strike rate i back then from first up in each campaigne for about 5 to 10 runs depends on how they are doing level stakes....i have about 20 horses in my stable at one time....i trat them like the stock market...if they perform i keep backing them as long as they make me money...if they don't i get rid of them....if you follow them for 10 runs with 3 wins at 3/1 you make money.....but sometimes they can go for 5 runs no wins then they might win at 20/1....nice profit.....check it out look in the form at how horses have run 5 races from the spell....thanks

Equine Investor
13th May 2002, 06:32 PM
Hi Shaun....
Yep this system was once marketed,about 10 years ago by Equestrian Publishing(Practical Punting Monthly) as the Blueprint System.
It showed tremendous potential at the start and punters were doing ok out of it.
It was even endorsed commercially by Bryan Martin of the the 3UZ melbourne radio network.
It collapsed after about 3 months - Equestrian Publishing even sent out apologies to people who bought their system offering a sizeable discount off further systems, which is ridiculous!
However, YOUR basic concept is good if the selection method is refined.
Good Luck.

Shaun
13th May 2002, 10:47 PM
I didn't know that it was a system on paper.....well i will keep an eye on my results.....but the key is to find well performed horses......like octaganal....intergaze and the like...but you find them when they are young....you only need about 20 that gives you a few bets a week.

Equine Investor
14th May 2002, 05:24 PM
Shaun further to my last post here, do not be discouraged by what I said...the system throws up some very nicely priced winners providing you apply some strict rules to it to make a profit.
1) Make sure the horse has good quality previous form. Not only strike rate but class factor as well.
2)I would start backing it after it has won coming back from a spell. Often horses are spelled because of injury and never regain their best form.
3) We often see horses who perform well as 2YO but just can't quite cut it as a 3YO.There are exceptions but you have to choose carefully.
4)I would only follow horses metro starts, not provincial...with the exception of country cups etc.Often trainers use country tracks to build up fitness or of a test of ability for younger horses. Those horses who win in the country are often not up to city standards.
5)There are exceptions to all of these rules,but it should weed out a lot of losing streaks for you.
P.S. My conclusions are built up around class horses with leading trainers, not average horses. Just because a horse won a provincial class 4/5 say, it does not mean you follow it in a huge rise in class next start. E.G. A class 5 at kilmore and it's next start is a Group race at Flemington. Rarely they will be good enough.