PDA

View Full Version : New to Horse racing

regular
9th March 2005, 01:24 AM
My frined told me that he had won a lot of Money, so I have decided to bet on horses.

There are many questions I like to ask?
Where do I get tips on which horse to put money on?
I certainly can't find out myself, I know nothing about Horses.
Do people pay for the tips? what is the rate of winning if bought information from professionals ? what is the cost like ?

Thank you if someone like to help

Sarge1
9th March 2005, 07:52 AM
Darkyhorse has the best advice when it comes to betting packages

follow this link www.punterschoice.com.au (http://www.punterschoice.com.au) Searching these forums should also give you an idea of what you should be doing.

Rule 1 : You will not get rich quick betting on the giddyups
rule 2. You need to do lots of homework, read read and then read some more
Rule 3 Get a staking plan

thats all for now

Sportz
9th March 2005, 08:42 AM
Regular,

Whatever you do, don't go shelling out big money straight away on tips or systems or stuff like that.

Just stick around here and read the forum and you'll soon pick things up. Keep all the form guides from your daily paper. You could also buy something like the Best Bets or the Sportsman on Fridays as well. But don't bet, at least not for a month or so. Simply study these form guides, ask us plenty of questions and you'll soon start to get the hang of what everything means and you'll gradually learn more about it, then you may have the confidence to start making your own selections.

In the meantime, you'll always find plenty of free tips on here. Exactly how good they are, well........ :D

thecritic
9th March 2005, 09:33 AM
My frined told me that he had won a lot of Money, so I have decided to bet on horses.

There are many questions I like to ask?
Where do I get tips on which horse to put money on?
I certainly can't find out myself, I know nothing about Horses.
Do people pay for the tips? what is the rate of winning if bought information from professionals ? what is the cost like ?

Thank you if someone like to helpMy advice – DON’T EVEN START THE PUNT!!

Bank investment – minimal effort – safe return!!!

partypooper
9th March 2005, 10:05 AM
A lot of people told me that they had won money. They were all liars!!!!

Mr ed
9th March 2005, 11:51 AM
Little tip, when i post a (supposed) good thing, cross it out as a scratching. Yeh start small, i don't agree that you shouldn't start betting for a month, you will get bored and not put enough time into it. I suggest just having small bets, even from formguide tipsters etc. It's very difficult to win off the punt but it's a great hobby, certainly more fun then pottery or making model cars.

Welcome, good luck, and happy punting

Ed.

Chrome Prince
9th March 2005, 12:06 PM
welcome regular,

If you want someone to supply you with tips, then make sure you go with a business that is reputable and has a proven track record. A good place to start would be the Propun free ratings service.

You can't learn about punting and horses overnight, nor will you make a killing.
It's slow and steady wins the race, as far as profits go.

I'd suggest going through the archives on this forum and reading old posts, there's a lot of wisdom from years ago and a lot of crap too ;-)

Read it all and you'll see it's not easy, but it can be done.

Make sure you do wads of research, before plonking any significant money on anything. The basic trap for new punters is testing ideas with real money, most of us have all had similar ideas at one time or another, so just ask for some feedback before wasting your time and money on bad picks.

regular
9th March 2005, 03:21 PM
thank you all for the advice

few points I like to say :

1, they like to tell you what they have won but dont like to tell you what they have lost ( i understand , this is just human nature)

2, my friend is quite rich, he claims, and he made money in Horses and invested in other areas, if it is not true, where does he gets the money? he only works a few days a week for a sales company

thanks again wish everyone good luck betting

partypooper
9th March 2005, 05:43 PM
Regular, Only lighthearted mate. I don't know anything about your mate he could easily be one of the chosen few. But one thing is for certain as the other guys have said it is VERY difficult to make any significant money consistantly. Steer clear of the GLOSSY brochures promising riches galore, all bullshit (we all know, cos we all fell for it at some time or other) Just as some bookmakers were % men, and some where "opinion" men, some Punters rely on their own judgement to rate a race, some will pay for proven top class ratings (if you consider this , only go for the BIG names.) some like a purely mathematical approach (statistics etc) and others rely on gut feelings and luck!
The best advise is definitly to follow your ideas on paper and keep very accurate records preferably on a spreadsheet.

Another thing is always bet Max-divi, or best fluc. the likely profit is so small (%wise) that this will make all the difference.

Good luck!

a4brianp
9th March 2005, 07:54 PM
Just follow my trot tips.I do the work for you and dont even charge.Youcan visit my website and i even explain the reason behind the tips

www.insiderail.com/

Chuck
9th March 2005, 08:11 PM
i also suggest laying back for a while, but also keeping a record of what you would've done had you been betting. then you can see when you're ready to start punting

Imagele
9th March 2005, 11:28 PM
If you think you are going to win long term on the punt, don't bother starting.
If you want to pursue it as a hobby, work out what you can afford to lose because you assuredly will.
The TAB's take out of every $100-00 is around twenty dollars.
It is paid for by losers.