PDA

View Full Version : Easter Cup - Eagle Farm

Mr ed
25th March 2005, 10:53 PM
This is an interesting race up in Qld and i was wonderng if anyone had any thoughts. Obviously Celtic Trial will be very hard to beat but with the no claim rule, gee he has a lot of weight difference from some good horses like Concitare, who run nearly half a second faster then him over the same trip @ both their last starts. Concitare also gets another 3.5kg off him from them runs, i am struggling to split them and am probably looking at boxing the exacta.

maverick1993
25th March 2005, 11:57 PM
and you've got to respect Mail Train who's been flying in track work,,
difficult race,,,i can't work out Never Sad ,,why is she here ,,,dont think she can run the distance ..theres not much speed and she gets back,,
the lack of speed could play into the hands of Celtic trial who pinched it last time..
to hard this race.. cause i think Simply Viv isnt hopeless either ..

Sportz
26th March 2005, 12:02 AM
On the ratings I worked out, I actually have Celtic Trial 5 kgs ahead of the field, but I don't know about that. Some good horses getting plenty of weight from him.

Mr ed
26th March 2005, 12:22 AM
If they walk in front even with the weight difference he is still a huge chance. Mail Train has been in superb form Mav, in this up to his ears. Will be good to see how good Celtic really is? Looks a good betting race, finding which one to bet on is the problem.

brave chief
26th March 2005, 09:10 AM
A couple of potential improvers in this, which makes it very difficult for Celtic Trial. I can bet against him under these conditions. Still it's a very open race. In the end I basicly couldn't split the main chances:

Never Sad $4.80
Mail Train $5.33
Champion Star $5.33
Spartiate $5.33
Concitare $6.86
Image of Reality $12.00