PDA

View Full Version : can someone help me please

Dazza
29th May 2002, 10:56 AM
Hello...
I was wondering if someone new of a place on the internet were i could download all the stats and form evryday for all meetings around Australia..eachday

And in order of each race time for that day.

info like in the wizard and sportsman stuff like that wiegth barrier etc etc...

is there anything like this on the internet?

Thankyou

Equine Investor
29th May 2002, 12:02 PM
There are many subscriber based frmguides with the detail that you require, however, I refuse to pay for a formguide at the rates being charged...your bestbet is The Sportsman from your local newsagent.

However, basic formguides are available from

1. http://www.racingvictoria.net.au

2. http://www.racenet.com.au

There are lots of others out there also.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Equine Investor on 2002-05-29 12:06 ]</font>

becareful
29th May 2002, 12:46 PM
Both the ACTTAB (acttab.com.au) and NSW TAB (racetab.com.au) sites have the DFS form available to account holders. WATAB (ozbet.com.au) has something called TABForm but I have never used it.

Dude
30th May 2002, 10:06 AM
Dazza,
The short answer.... THERE ARENT ANY.
Not free ones anyway.
I have written a few macro's in Excel which automatically import and analyse the the days race results from each state.
Tell me exactly what details you want and I'll see if I can adapt something for you.

(philip.pluckrose@telspec.com.au)

Equine Investor
30th May 2002, 01:41 PM
Dude would you be willing to share this Excel macro with us? It would be of great help to many of us on this forum.

If you are a VicTAB punter the TAB have just updated their site so you can view TAB form while betting...like the wallsheets in the local TABS. Great move I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Equine Investor on 2002-05-30 13:44 ]</font>

Dude
30th May 2002, 03:55 PM
Equine Investor,
I have no problems sharing the technique with anyone, it is simply utilising some of the not so well known and absolutely brilliant capabilities of Microsoft Excel.

My hesitation to make it public hinges around the fact that I wrote it for myself, it depends on exactly what you want and it does play up a little (I can live with that, but feel uncomfortable giving something to others which isnt 100%).

But, if anyone is interested in the technique I will put together a basic spreadsheet that will pull in the days results and dividends more as an example of how it can be done and leave the fine tuning up to the individual.

Dude

Dude
30th May 2002, 04:18 PM
Yea, I noticed the new website this morning.
Did anyone alse see the message scrolling across the bottom stating "Kilmore Quadie Jackpot" ?
When I logged back in it was gone.. ??
Maybe I was dreaming..

All they need to do now is stop the $#!@%!! Results site from dropping out !!
It still amazes me why, with the technology we have things like D-D, R-D & Quadie estimates cant be displayed there too

Equine Investor
30th May 2002, 05:17 PM
Yes that results page definitely needs fixing..it's been on and off for a while now."there are no meetings available" is stupid in this day and age.
Did anyone notice they got the form buttons the wrong way around - sent them an email this morning.
Also their RSB formguide is woeful...yesterday there was no link to Sydney etc and any info was just acceptances with no form - Melbourne and Adelaide being the exceptions.

Dude
7th June 2002, 11:21 AM
I have just noticed one of Ozeform.com's enhancements is a Results feature.
This will actually give you all the days results on one page. You can then click the race you are interested in and see the Vic, QLD & NSW TAB dividends.

Brilliant info.
Mark Read does it again.

Our Maizcay
17th February 2004, 12:23 AM
Dude,

mate if you could share your Excel analyzer it would be great. I too am an Excel expert, so I could modify any code if necessary.

I have designed my own ratings format based upon the structure of the UniTAB site. One click of a button and it sorts the field out in order based upon my own weightings. These weightings can be changed according to individual preferences.

I use my top rater with some of my systems. If there is a match between them, then I have a "Special".

I am happy to share any code and ideas with anybody. And just like you, am happy to help those unable to utilise Excel to it's full potential.

Regards,

OM

enjay
17th February 2004, 11:56 AM
Great idea Dude.
Will you be putting it on the forum or will we have to contact you personally. I am always interested in new ideas, as I am hopeless with macros.

Enjay

enjay
17th February 2004, 02:50 PM
Great idea Dude.
Will you be putting it on the forum or will we have to contact you personally. I am always interested in new ideas, as I am hopeless with macros.

Enjay