PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks Straddie day thoughts

maverick1993
10th June 2005, 09:36 PM
Race 1.
Have had a bit of success lately with the first race and this time i've found some value in Navarro..this horses last run was fantastic..is suited by the distance and the track,,Grab the Phone will set up a nice tempo for him and he'll be flying late...This should also suit Prosecution and Proud native..
i thought Bohemian dancer had his chance last week,,will risk him..
Sighing is tough and might grab a place..
Grab the phone if hes not hassled by Planagram will give a good sight up front.,,but i think the backmarkers will get him just..
who can forget Proud Native flying down the outside here last prep...
Tips,,Navarro ..but a good trifecta race with the above mentioned..

Race 2.
Go have a beer..

Race 3.
Raadisi is good show here...came from last to run a good 5th last start..the extra 100m suits as does the track....hopefully will get better odds than the 5.50 on offer..hoping for atleast 9's..
Doonan has a stack of weight...cant beleive they didnt claim on him..
Glorious lady is one that can jag this at huge odds..but she needs the speed on.
Thats the thing with this race,thers not much speed ,,,i can see Vila Bled leading here and she's not a hopeless mare..and probably Encierro going with her...if they slow it up ..i'd rather be on Vila Bled ..
will concentrate on these 3...Raadisi,Gloroius Lady and Vila bled.

Race 4.
Another Value pick here for me...I like a few of the backmarkers here..
Renouf will go quick and Allegro will do the same...
Twanged has shown some nice form and will be suited here....and Solid as a Rock should of finished way closer last start and has progressed through the ranks nicely..should get a nice run as well just off the speed.......and Applicant is the classy runner..
This isnt a real strong event...
Tips..Twanged,Solid as Rock and Applicant..,,will concentrate on these 3 and work some tris around them....watch for Sanfransisco and little Yamazaki flying late..

Race 5.
Super speed race this one...noble gent is a flyer and so is Mt Gower around here..i'm hoping Octanee and Grandway Shogun sit just off them and reel them in over the last 50m..
this'll be fast ,,,if noble gent gets his own way without Helter or Mt Gower hassling him he'll be to quick for them..
Tips Octanee and Grandway Shogun ..need double figure odds..

Race 6.
Tough race..I think the form arond Roving Owl is stronger than the others..also the same with Cedar manor (needs some rain though)..
they'll both need luck ..thought Saxon finished off his race nicely last start,,,surprisingly as i thought he'd struggle this distance...
i'm really keen on Roving Owl ,,hope to get 9's atleast..
will keep Saxon safe because he'll get the good run and doesnt mind racing in close..and if it rains,,Cedar manor..
in the tris go,,Vitese dane,Granzig,Lachlan,Prize lady.

race 7.
Have had a big think about this race..
Still keep coming back to Winning Belle..i like her alot..she'll have that ping in the last 100m that might get her home..
The usual thing here is for a heap of speed...but the thing is if Dance hero and Wager get the lead which they probably will...(both trained by guess who) they might actually dictate the pace...this will suit dance Hero and takeover target who has enough barrier speed to get a good trail..i personally think TT will apreciate being on the outside of runners with some cover..
Tips,, Winning Belle, TT and Dance Hero.
will target these 3 ..and go long and wide with tris and 1st 4's ..
With My a huge chance to grab a place..as with Sedecreme.

Race 8,
Hopefully i'm ahead by now....will follow the Dwyer pair of Volksini and Just Polite....not keen in this race..

Other horses to follow.
Sydney. Winsome Dancer(forget last run), Fangio (always underated..)
Melbourne. Classiconi ,Unabated...Milkshake,Limited Impulse. Edgey Affair . Aqualine.
Adelaide. Waverly, Lily Lane, Pommery Prince.
Toowoomba..Star boulevard.

Fun at Last won today :) ..this was a tip last week,,ran 2nd that day behind Lord of Laurinston whos racing tomorrow in Melb,,supsect though over 1200m but did space fun at last who won impressivly today..has no weight and and will fly,,hopefully setting it up for Classiconi..but keep him safe just incase he doesnt get there in time..

Good Luck all :)

Chuck
11th June 2005, 07:47 AM
Hope you don't mind me putting these here mav! :o

Don't like 1 or 2

3: Doonoan was far from discraced last start, and only just missed a go in the Stradbroke. I think he can win here with 59kg. Daunting lad is racing honestly, and he is defenitely a chance if he is to reproduces that good form of late

4: Agree that here is the place for value...Down the bottom Big Well has to be considered a chance...one a C6 last prep before spelling, then resumed with an okay run behind secateurs. Lightly raced and certainly has some potential. I think Yubi also eill get back and burst at the end

5: three stnadouts in the race. Grandway Shogun is resuming, and we all know how i love to back sprinters resume over 1000-1100. Knows how to win and has got fair all-round form. Carolina's Boy is the next to watch. Beat Octanee last start and has one six times at the distance. Octanee is ultra consistent and the stats show that. Try these three in a box quinella, trifecta etc.

6: I think Willy Leica is certainly the one to beat. Rocketed home last start and will relish the 2400m. Vitesse Dane is going forgotten...great win the G1 Oask last start over 2400, and can do it again backing up. Saxon and Spuruson are other to watch out for

7: Well, the big one...I've had a loooooooong look at the form surrounding it, and i think Patezza is the one to beat. Nikolic on board...barrier doesn't matter...Very good run last start...$7.50 is a good price. Shemekha is the no.1 ignoring its last start. Beadman/Waterhouse combo and barrier 4. Ballet Society is another great prospect. I've drawn a line thorugh TT and DH after the barrier draw. Yell is the best outsider possibility, would not be at all surprised if it got home

8: Lilly O'Reilly to go on its own all the way...beating home a rocketing Jeremiad!

Sportz
11th June 2005, 08:14 AM
6: I think Willy Leica is certainly the one to beat. Rocketed home last start and will relish the 2400m.

Willy Leica was scratched pretty early yesterday.

maverick1993
11th June 2005, 10:08 AM
The more the merrier Chuck...I think its great when people list the thought behind selections..

I think Doonan's scratched aswell Chuck.....

boxhead
11th June 2005, 10:17 AM
Mav,
I think race 2 tip is the best
Good luck with them.
Cheers

maverick1993
11th June 2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks Boxhead,,your were so right,,should of stayed there ..
Home at 4.30 is a good incation of how i went today :(

race 1.
Backed Prosecution and Navarro,,,,both ran well but beaten into 2nd place..
good run by both..worth following

Race 2.. Best of the day..hope you were all on :)

race 3.
Daunting Lad got me again...i dont like this and hate it even more now..
No value raadisi..had a go on Vites dane..
nothing worth noting in this race.

Race 4.
no value about Solid as Rock,,couldnt beleive his price ...no bet.
thought Sanfransisco run was good...worth keeping an eye one

Race 5.
Had a go at grandway Shogun...good run but 2nd again,
Both Octanee and Grandway are worth keeping an eye on

race 6.
Saxon no value at all..
Had a go at Roving Owl...never got into it..
Huge run by Vitese dane to get so close..

Race 7.
winning belle at 18'2 during the week,,,
also had Dance Hero.....great run by the hero...havent seen the video yet..
is winning belle still running ?

Race 8,,,
hasnt raced yet...but going for Volksini to get me out of trouble..

No bets in melb and Adelaide..(wet track)

Bet on fangio ..which was a fantastic run...follow this horse for sure,,

Have Star Boulevard in toowoomba...fingers crossed

Also have Nureyevs Girl in the last at Aelaide,,,i've actually picked the winner of the last in adelaide for the last 3 weeks..hopefully she gets up..

so hopefully eiter Nureyevs girl.or Star or Volksini ...rescue me from disaster :)

boxhead
11th June 2005, 05:11 PM
Mav,
Hope you had a crack at the last in bris; you talked me into the quinella-- if I was clever should have had the tri, too many beers by then, oh well.
Cheers

maverick1993
12th June 2005, 12:02 AM
Yeah Boxhead,,had a crack at Volksini in the last and cursed it into 4th..

had a shocker today and was looking at 20% loss for the first time ever of my stake...
Star Boulevard won and saved me to a certain extent.....still lost 10% but thats not to disturbing after the great results last Saturday and the good wins on Shelly's trick and fun At last this week..

Lets Please have a minute silence for the fallen
Prosecution, navarro , Vila Bled, Grandway Shogun , Roving Owl, Winning Belle , Volksini , Nureyevs Girl, Fangio .
10 losses and 1 win.
Outlay $4800
returns $2200
loss $2600 .

After a day like today i look over my selections..the only ones i'm alittle dirty on selecting are
Roving Owl (barrier was to much to overcome)
Winning Belle (first up 1400m...what was i thinking)
Fangio (just to short for him)
Nureyevs Girl (why was i bettiing on the slow track ?)

Its a funny thing racing...if Prosecution gets up im up $4000 ..
if Grandway Shogun gets up i'm still in profit..
Oh well..

Hoping for a better day Monday :)

Hope someone had a win.