PDA

View Full Version : What's the Fluc!!

KennyVictor
22nd June 2005, 12:43 PM
Does anybody bet on best Fluc? It seems like a good idea to get the best SP price you can but if the (online) bookies don't tell you what they are paying until after the betting window for best fluc is closed how can you take advantage of it.
Someone please enlighten on how I can use what on the face of it seems a flucing good idea.

KV

Hammers
22nd June 2005, 02:38 PM
Kenny,

Obviously bookmakers cannot tell you what top fluc is before the end of betting as the final call right on start time might be the best.

My experience is that top fluc is best under certain circumstances ...

1. Any Sydney or Melbourne selection likely to be under $10.00
2. Any Brisbane selection likely to be under $5.00

Don't bet top fluc on Adelaide as their markets are so tight that the tote usually wins even with favourites. Brisbane is marginally better than Adelaide but only for the top one or two in betting.

In most instances any wager on a double figures chance regardless of venue will pay better using a top tote product such as Centretote with Centre Racing or Maxi Div with Sportingbet.

KennyVictor
23rd June 2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks for that Hammers.
No I didn't expect to know the best fluc before the half hour cut off or whatever but I haven't been able to get an OPENING price before the top fluc cut off time.
Interesting observations on Adelaide SP. I think you'll find West Aus SP pretty much the same.

KV

shoto
24th June 2005, 12:00 AM
Thanks for that Hammers.
No I didn't expect to know the best fluc before the half hour cut off or whatever but I haven't been able to get an OPENING price before the top fluc cut off time.
KV

No, you won't KV. The standard proviso for a top fluc bet is that it's placed before openers. You want to see the opening prices, you take your chances on the SP market. IMO top fluc is not such a big deal if you're betting best tote anyway - they seem to even out, maybe best tote being a little better (my unresearched observation).

KennyVictor
24th June 2005, 09:15 AM
Ah, it's all becoming clearer.
So top fluc is like a bet within a bet. You're pretty much betting SP will be higher than Tote figures.
Thanks guys.

KV

Hammers
24th June 2005, 03:14 PM
Kenny,

Top fluc has nothing to do with SP unless the best price is the SP price.

Flucs of 4.0, 5.0, 3.8 pay 5.0 top fluc but only 3.8 SP