PDA

View Full Version : Friday June 24

xptdriver
24th June 2005, 09:36 AM
Gday All

attached are my ratings for today's racing... Gunnedah is abandoned because of the wet, and the only dry track is at the Gold Coast... Good luck if you choose to have a bet.

Zlotti
24th June 2005, 11:29 PM
XPT

Without culling: 27% S/R - 26% ROI - 53% POT
With culling: 67% S/R - 120% ROI - 38% POT

racingnovice
25th June 2005, 12:23 AM
Zlotti why don't you share how you cull the selections? Xpt goes through the trouble to do these ratings for nothing so i think the least people can do is share ideas and suggestions.

I don't look at all of the ratings but when there is 100+ rts they seem to win no idea on the s/r or results though as i say i just browse them.

Zlotti
25th June 2005, 11:00 AM
RacingNovice

There are two main reasons why I haven't put the culling method I use here...

Firstly, have you seen what happens to a divi when every man and his dog puts a bet on it? You only have to look at some of the nags Beadman has been riding to understand what is happening. They are usually 10th+ in the rating and 2nd in the betting.

The second reason is Sod's Law which states, "Anytime you show your winning hand, be sure that it will fall over..."

So, basically I'm doing you a favour by NOT putting the method up here. But if you insist on having the method feel free to drop me a line at 'retireme at mailup dot net' but please don't say I didn't warn you!

Regards
Zlotti