OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Racing (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Autumn Tipping Comp 2018 (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=31751)

Sportz 11th March 2018 11:03 PM

Well, Dillwar's putting the rest of us to shame, but still a few weeks left yet.

Leaderboard
89.2 . Dillwar ( Out: $375 / In: $709.50 ) *

3.9 . william ( Out: $1,020 / In: $1,059.95 )
2.2 . walkermac ( Out: $490 / In: $501.00 )
0.2 . UselessBettor ( Out: $300 / In: $300.70 )
-4.4 . Sportz ( Out: $445 / In: $425.50 )
-7.7 . kiwi ( Out: $455 / In: $420.00 ) **
-8.6 . Puntz ( Out: $220 / In: $201.00 ) **
-22.1 . kellmark ( Out: $480 / In: $374.00 ) **
-63.9 . Percentum ( Out: $1,260 / In: $455.00 )
-68.1 . Lord Greystoke ( Out: $395 / In: $126.00 ) **

Sportz 12th March 2018 01:55 AM

Remember, those with ** next to their name, you need to keep tipping each week to stay in the comp.

Puntz 12th March 2018 07:25 PM

consider rule adjustment for 2019

Quote:
1. Of the 8 Saturdays during the preliminary rounds, you must tip on at least 6 of them. You are allowed to miss 2 weeks

Consider a rule 1 adjustment because it's a main event.

Except a Cup day if it falls on long weekend Monday ??
Hence the Adelaide Cup, ( Australian capital city cup day for that matter)

or words to that effect.

In other words, because it was Adelaide Cup day, then we can have the option to post selections on either the Saturday, a Cup day feature race on a Monday, but not both.
??

Sportz 12th March 2018 07:42 PM

Yeah I could have done that. During the spring, I let people tip on Fridays & Sundays when big races are on then.

Sportz 12th March 2018 07:43 PM

Would have had the winner myself if I'd tipped on the cup today.

Puntz 13th March 2018 04:40 PM

Thanks Sportz

UselessBettor 13th March 2018 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntz
Consider a rule adjustment
??

Sportz, just another rule change for consideration for future competitions. Instead of making people tip in 6 of 8 weeks how about just having a penalty for not betting in a week. So if you missed 1 week its -10%, miss two weeks its -20%, and continue the -10% ongoing for each week not tipped.

It would mean those not tipping or tipping less weeks do not gain an advantage over those who have put in at least 3 selections every week.

I am just putting it out there for consideration... BTW thanks again for the hard work you put in.

Sportz 15th March 2018 03:07 PM

Understand this thinking. BUT, there are some times when for whatever reason, you just genuinely can't get online to tip and there are times when you look at the races and really can't find anything at all that you like. But more importantly, there are usually people who join in the competition late because they don't realise it's started yet. We only had 5 people I think for the first week. The people who miss out in such cases, shouldn't really be penalised. The rules are there for everyone. If you have a bye or two up your sleeve, and you're in a good spot, you may just decide to sit on your position in the last week or two. It's up to you. But then you run the risk of missing out if someone else goes past you.

Sportz 15th March 2018 03:09 PM

By the way, the finals in the Autumn are only a top 4, not a top 8 as we have in the spring, so at the moment Dillwar, william, walkermac and UselessBettor are the ones in line to play finals.

UselessBettor 15th March 2018 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Understand this thinking. BUT, there are some times when for whatever reason, you just genuinely can't get online to tip and there are times when you look at the races and really can't find anything at all that you like. But more importantly, there are usually people who join in the competition late because they don't realise it's started yet. We only had 5 people I think for the first week. The people who miss out in such cases, shouldn't really be penalised. The rules are there for everyone. If you have a bye or two up your sleeve, and you're in a good spot, you may just decide to sit on your position in the last week or two. It's up to you. But then you run the risk of missing out if someone else goes past you.

Only put it up for consideration. I am also happy with the way it is.