OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Some Simple Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=31713)

grizzle 14th September 2018 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekray
Whatever the system, take into account the track condition, especially racing on all-weather racing surfaces & rain affected tracks

some say keep away from rain affected tracks
do your homework & they can work for you

Seekray 23rd September 2018 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle
some say keep away from rain affected tracks
do your homework & they can work for you

Absolutely
Backing & laying

PrinceJudea 7th November 2018 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekray
And don't forget the speed map, always a good starting point

Referencing reliable speed maps very important imo.
Not only to predict the running position of each horse in the field and likely pace of the race but also to establish if those drawn inside or outside will be advantaged or disadvantaged.

kiwiz 13th November 2018 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceJudea
Referencing reliable speed maps very important imo.
Not only to predict the running position of each horse in the field and likely pace of the race but also to establish if those drawn inside or outside will be advantaged or disadvantaged.

Likely race pace very useful if you fancy a backmarker

demodocus 15th November 2018 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiz
Likely race pace very useful if you fancy a backmarker

Evidence ???

Seekray 15th November 2018 07:03 PM

??
Common knowledge & from my punting experience, backmarkers rely on a fast race tempo, to do best
??

jake 3rd April 2019 04:26 PM

..early days
..fine tuning a simple little system mainly based on jockey / horse / track condition (horse) strike rates
..a few other filters including must be fancied in the market

jake 23rd April 2019 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
..a few other filters including must be fancied in the market

..reference to a reliable speed map a big plus

piratebird 24th April 2019 07:36 AM

Jake, what speed map would you say is the most reliable?. I always see a few different ratings amongst them as I search for a good one. Thanks.

piratebird 25th April 2019 10:09 AM

Can I just put this out there for anyone to answer if they can. I have a couple of methods that I use that rely on speed maps. The problem I run into is that different speed maps give conflicting results. It is not uncommon to get a runner being listed on one site as a leader and on another site be listed as on pace and in some cases be listed as a midfield runner. I really need to get the most reliable one. If that means paying for one then so be it. I just want one that can be trusted to be accurate. I'd appreciate anyone's advice on this. Thanks.