OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   I can see why posters move on ..... (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=24795)

Barny 16th August 2012 03:24 PM

I can see why posters move on .....

I've got nothing left to contribute really, only regurgitating what I've already said. I wonder how many of our past good posters (not putting myself in that category) just simply ran out of ideas and left ??

Vortech 16th August 2012 04:05 PM

Too many unrealistic comments and statements being made when at the end they don't help anybody.

Not being harsh - but you have stated that you have 6 rules to increase any system POT and are using filters not that common. These statements may well be correct - but how do they help anyone apart from telling them what they already know.

I can understand why users want to keep success to themselves but a shuffle in the right direction can't be too much to ask.

I've been working hard to throw ideas in the air - and I use ratings to pick up little profit here and there - but in the end of the day its getting boring.
I would rather go down to the pub for a drink with mates and have a slash at a quad (try pick up a big win) and treat it now like entertainment rather than an investment.

jose 16th August 2012 04:22 PM

A morbid fascination for the site will bring you back Benny, just like the rest of us, whether that is with a new NIC or otherwise.

beton 16th August 2012 04:23 PM

Negativity
bitchiness
not sharing
contributing but not getting anything in return
Rudeness
Bluntness
et al
etc.
What more can I say

This like all forums should be a place where like minded people can share and or discuss the subject of the forum. It should not be a place where you get set upon just by posting your discussion point

Vortech 16th August 2012 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
Negativity
bitchiness
not sharing
contributing but not getting anything in return
Rudeness
Bluntness
et al
etc.
What more can I say

On the money!

Barny 16th August 2012 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
I can understand why users want to keep success to themselves but a shuffle in the right direction can't be too much to ask.
I have previously pointed anyone who cared to listen in the right direction. I'll repeat ..... research posters jacfin, sportznut, sarge1, and chrome prince. If you dedicate the same amount of time as I did when I looked at all the posts here ..... you'll notice I've narrowed the list of 100's down to a few for you, then you'll surely find my six filters, BUT you may even find something more valuable.

Go and start researching and reading and stop expecting me to give you what's taken me a good year or so of research to put something half decent together.

Good luck with that ..... it called "Persistence"

Vortech 16th August 2012 04:36 PM

Barny to be honest - I'm not really interested in the end what your filters are. I've done my research with the help of garyf and other posts from wesmip1 etc.... and I'm making a small profit.

Barny 16th August 2012 04:39 PM

That's good Vortech.

bernie 16th August 2012 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
..... research posters jacfin, sportznut, sarge1, and chrome prince. ..... you'll notice I've narrowed the list of 100's down to a few for you,
Not often I agree with you Barny but this time I do. There are very few that offer anything worthwhile.

AngryPixie 16th August 2012 05:21 PM

It's pretty much like the rest of life I guess. We're always drifting in and out of relationships. Sometimes an absense makes you appreciate what you had.

I'd have to agree to some extent that there's very little new stuff been going on here for a long time. Maybe there's been too much old stuff going on as well. Some try harder than others though.