OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Barny's Bottler of a System (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=21408)

Barny 18th April 2011 12:47 PM

Barny's Bottler of a System

1) 4th or 5th up after a spell without a win this time in.

2) We want either demonstrated improvement in each of it’s runs or simply an increase in distance regardless of how it ran. The demonstrated improvement can either be 1) through finishing closer to the winner in terms of distance beaten or 2) it’s actual finishing position or 3) being run in a better class field.

3) Work from the topweight down and back the first one to qualify – let’s settle for the handicappers choice of class horses.

NO days between runs, barriers, weight or those other things that can mess with your mind !!

Suggest you back it for two runs on the basis of encountering bad luck when it was ready to win …..

Rule number two is an absolute bottler and has been brewing away in my cranium for decades, finally released after a cab sav or ten ….. gotta go and look at boat catalogues, that’s how confident I am !!!

Fire away with any critique and I'll happily give you my warped logic on how I constructed these rules.

Job123 18th April 2011 03:34 PM

way to hard

Ithink thats way to hard for most why not just post the tips here and then time will tell if its good

Barny 18th April 2011 04:00 PM

Thanks for the reply job123. It takes a minute or two to find those that are 4th or 5th up without a win ..... there's not a heap of them. Once you've got them, then it's a matter of going through the form.

Instead of me posting the tips for you, I'll save you some more time and deposit the winnings in your bank account. You won't even have to go to the TAB !!!

Crackone 18th April 2011 04:58 PM

Ha Barney can you deposit in my bank 2, will send you my details. LOL

stugots 18th April 2011 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
Instead of me posting the tips for you, I'll save you some more time and deposit the winnings in your bank account. You won't even have to go to the TAB !!!

Barny, does that come with the 'no win, no bet' special offer?

Bhagwan 18th April 2011 05:51 PM

I dont think Barny needs another unpaid job.

My time means nothing, so I will deposit the money.

Just email me the account details & pin number , thank you.

I will email you from Brazil once its done.

Cheers.

Barny 18th April 2011 06:04 PM

Jeez, given the amount of views, I must say I'm a little surprised that no one has commented on this strategy. It is a logical strategy and I believe it utilises some of the better theories gleaned from the 'thoughts' of posters on here.

This strategy hones in on the fitness / improving angle. 4th or 5th up is one of the better filters that may indicate a horse is nearing peak fitness ..... and if it hasn't won this time in after four runs ..... and the trainer is still running it ..... then one could assume that it's fit and ready to perform at its best ?!

The races that are raffles seem to be the shorties, and this strategy doesn't really target this type of race. So that's good isn't it ?

What we're really doing here is playing the odds in a way. Say the horse has a SR of 15% Win and 25% Place ..... it's due to run at it's peak every 6 races or so.

The odds should be decent because the 'form' isn't there. You really need to be looking for this angle and to develop some expertise in this particular area ..... you're really trusting the trainer here !

Barny 18th April 2011 06:06 PM

stugots, just for showing interest and asking a relevant question, I'll give you 1/2 point over !

moeee 18th April 2011 06:21 PM

Why stop at 4 or 5?

Surely 6th up or 7th up would be just as good, if not stronger pointers.

stugots 18th April 2011 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
stugots, just for showing interest and asking a relevant question, I'll give you 1/2 point over !

where do i sign?:)