OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   How sad (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=30450)

SpeedyBen 28th June 2015 11:44 AM

How sad

This once thriving section of the forum now reduced to rubble. Except for Michael's valiant efforts the last posts for most threads were 6 days ago by a casual poster ( these days ).
I wonder what killed it off?

FredTheMug 28th June 2015 01:29 PM

By default the cause of all problems is the Betfair premium charge. Sorry, bad joke. :)

michaelg 28th June 2015 02:07 PM

I think the problem occurred several months ago when this site went off air for a few days. I believe many members thought the site had permanently ended just as I did, and didn't return. I thought so too, even joining another forum, but came back when I discovered by chance the site was once more functioning.

evajb001 29th June 2015 10:14 AM

Agree Speedy. I think the issue is those who spurred on the good discussion got sick of putting great ideas out there only to get input from the same people over and over again whilst people who don't reply may be reaping the rewards. Hence I believe there is a group of people that were prominent on this forum who now communicate via email together.

I still check this forum daily and reply when I feel I can either add something or when i'm intrigued. But definitely the systems area has become a ghost town.

aussielongboat 29th June 2015 01:38 PM

the answer is forums have lost their lustre in general.
everything that had to be said has been said.

most forums on wide variety of subjects that i log into are way down on numbers and participation.

garyf 29th June 2015 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Agree Speedy. I think the issue is those who spurred on the good discussion got sick of putting great ideas out there only to get input from the same people over and over again whilst people who don't reply may be reaping the rewards. Hence I believe there is a group of people that were prominent on this forum who now communicate via email together.

I still check this forum daily and reply when I feel I can either add something or when i'm intrigued. But definitely the systems area has become a ghost town.

You are 110 % correct.

If there was an area set aside for members with a certain,
Amount of posts to view only I would post most days.

You get sick of seeing "NON-CONTRIBUTING" people,
Or 50-60 guests viewing what you post.

I 90% of the time do exactly what you say.

"COMMUNICATE" with a handful of regular "CONTRIBUTORS"

It may be expensive to set something like that up,
As even running this now is not cheap.

Then the question arises what financially do they gain?

Right now there are you & me as members and 33 guests.

Cheers.

blackdog1 30th June 2015 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredTheMug
By default the cause of all problems is the Betfair premium charge. Sorry, bad joke. :)

NO no no!
Don't you know nothing?
these days the default cause to everything from ingrown toenails to change in the weather or dying forums is:
either Tony Abbott or G W Bush (Bush not so much lately)

//another bad joke I suppose?

Shaun 30th June 2015 03:35 PM

I thought it was Global Warming :)

FredTheMug 30th June 2015 03:56 PM

Haha good one. According to my wife it's me.

Shaun 30th June 2015 04:26 PM

That problem i solved awhile back,lol