OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Black Caviar's daughter Oscietra (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=31341)

kiwiz 10th February 2018 07:55 AM

Oscietra scratched at the barrier,,Moonee Valley last night

Chrome Prince 11th February 2018 11:58 AM

Oscietra - after being fractious and rearing its starting stall, underwent a veterinary examination and was a late withdrawal on veterinary advice at 8.32pm and the filly must now gain further approval in a jump out prior to racing again.

Lord Greystoke 11th February 2018 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Oscietra - after being fractious and rearing its starting stall, underwent a veterinary examination and was a late withdrawal on veterinary advice at 8.32pm and the filly must now gain further approval in a jump out prior to racing again.

Possibly not a chip off the old block then or is it way too early to tell Chrome?

Cheers LG

grizzle 12th February 2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Oscietra suffered minor abrasions to her near hind leg in the incident

Chrome Prince 12th February 2018 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Possibly not a chip off the old block then or is it way too early to tell Chrome?
Cheers LG

Nowhere near the old block (Black Caviar) I'm afraid LG.
Equine genetics just don't work that way.
They basically want a clone of Black Caviar, and they aren't going to get it.
Early on, it was reported the Oscietra was worth 5 million, but they weren't selling her. Surely they should have broken her in, trialled her secretly at Euroa and then put her up for sale. She doesn't even resemble BC according to the trainer and is built differently, the trainer was very surprised that she went around odds on at her first start.

However, they will probably get one good horse from Black Caviar, as they are using her as a breeding machine sadly. They won't get a clone as good as her though, they'll get possibly one good horse that will win one or two Group races, and that's the best they can hope for.

Without delving too deeply into equine genetics, it boils down to not how good the Sire or Dam is, you can spend a fortune trying to get a champion, but whether the build, stride, lungs and heart are passed down as dominant genes, and how dominant those genetics are for the combination of sire and dam.

Lord Greystoke 12th February 2018 07:44 PM

Quote:
Early on, it was reported the Oscietra was worth 5 million, but they weren't selling her. Surely they should have broken her in, trialled her secretly at Euroa and then put her up for sale. She doesn't even resemble BC according to the trainer and is built differently, the trainer was very surprised that she went around odds on at her first start.

However, they will probably get one good horse from Black Caviar, as they are using her as a breeding machine sadly. They won't get a clone as good as her though, they'll get possibly one good horse that will win one or two Group races, and that's the best they can hope for.

Without delving too deeply into equine genetics, it boils down to not how good the Sire or Dam is, you can spend a fortune trying to get a champion, but whether the build, stride, lungs and heart are passed down as dominant genes, and how dominant those genetics are for the combination of sire and dam.

Makes for interesting reading Chrome. Genetics side interests me and I get your point regards pot luck. I have two different coloured eyes and a personality type that is maybe 2 - 5% of the population so you can probably see where I am coming from here.

LG

Chrome Prince 13th February 2018 04:23 PM

Yes, LG, if you have brothers and sisters or children and grandchildren, I'll bet none of them have both different colour eyes and the same 2 to 5% personality type together. Not meaning to delve personally, it's just an example for arguments sake.

peanutz 24th February 2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

ditto makybe diva

kiwiz 4th July 2018 04:35 AM

Oscietra has been retired
Two wins from five starts
Her owners are hoping for far more success in the breeding barn

kiwiz 4th July 2018 04:45 AM

Oscietra half-brother Prince Of Caviar ran 4th on his debut late May
Was slow to begin & settled at the rear in a slowly run race
Still last when they turned the bend where he was also held up for a run
Once clear he rocketed home for fourth running the quickest last 200m of the race

Chrome Prince 4th July 2018 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiz
Oscietra has been retired
Two wins from five starts
Her owners are hoping for far more success in the breeding barn

Initially they should have put her to the sales and earned a cool $5 million, rather than a percentage of $36,000, that would have gone in training fees anyway. She was a small filly, with no Black Type to her name. As a broodmare, they aren't going to do much better. Then there's the $82,500 they paid for the stud fee.

peanutz 11th July 2018 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutz
ditto makybe diva

nice debut win (werribee 1625m) by three-year-old filly Divanation. a daughter of Makybe Diva. since not disgraced runner-up (morphettville 1800m)

Chrome Prince 11th July 2018 07:38 PM

Quote:
nice debut win (werribee 1625m) by three-year-old filly Divanation. a daughter of Makybe Diva. since not disgraced runner-up (morphettville 1800m)

Helsinge pops up in the bloodlines yet again.

In_retrospect 13th July 2018 08:33 PM

Quote:
Helsinge pops up in the bloodlines yet again.

So that would be a double dose of Helsinge for Divanation ?

Seekray 11th August 2018 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In_retrospect
So that would be a double dose of Helsinge for Divanation ?

Both sides

Seekray 5th September 2018 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiz
Oscietra half-brother Prince Of Caviar ran 4th on his debut late May
Was slow to begin & settled at the rear in a slowly run race
Still last when they turned the bend where he was also held up for a run
Once clear he rocketed home for fourth running the quickest last 200m of the race

Nice effort start no. 2. Narrow defeat at Sandown behind Extra Brut. Got home strong.

Chrome Prince 6th September 2018 09:13 PM

Yes, was a very nice run indeed, however, it was a maiden.
I think he's looking for a longer distance because getting back and running home fast is his style,

Seekray 19th December 2018 07:15 PM

Prince Of Caviar breaks his maiden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLQFzIHAp_c

horsewithnoname 1st November 2019 04:47 AM

Quote:

Not disgraced next time around either. 4starts 1-1-2. Including 3rd in Warrnambool Cup.

horsewithnoname 1st November 2019 10:17 AM

Replay, last bit of Warrnambool Cup, Divanation finishing 3rd.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1123829966276300803

Seekray 1st November 2019 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsewithnoname
Replay, last bit of Warrnambool Cup, Divanation finishing 3rd.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1123829966276300803

Fought on well.

Seekray 2nd November 2019 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekray
Prince Of Caviar breaks his maiden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLQFzIHAp_c

Prince Of Caviar nominated Kyneton this Thursday

justinfront 24th November 2019 11:38 PM

Quote:
Prince Of Caviar nominated Kyneton this Thursday

Throat surgery during that long spell
Might be still problems

Seekray 27th December 2019 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinfront
Throat surgery during that long spell
Might be still problems

Yep still a problem, a veterinary certificate required prior to racing Prince Of Caviar again

Seekray 9th February 2020 10:24 PM

Quote:
Yep still a problem, a veterinary certificate required prior to racing Prince Of Caviar again

Prince Of Caviar has since been retired from racing
Just six career starts

justinfront 17th February 2020 07:19 PM

Quote:
Prince Of Caviar has since been retired from racing
Just six career starts

That's bad luck, they obviously couldn't rectify that throat issue

Placid Ark 6th April 2020 12:25 PM

Black Caviar’s daughter Ready For Caviar ran second at her debut last month at Benalla

https://twitter.com/Racing/status/1239005736362901504

Seekray 27th August 2021 03:38 AM

Black Caviar's daughter Invincible Caviar looked nice winning at Sale recently.

Invincible Caviar is the third winner from four to race out of the undefeated champion Black Caviar.

Her first three foals are at stud.

The Exceed And Excel filly Oscietra has a 2yo colt and yearling colt by I Am Invincible and visited Churchill (IRE) last spring.

Black Caviar's Sebring colt Prince Of Caviar will cover his second book of mares at Riverbank farm this spring at a fee of $4,400.

The unraced Snitzel filly Out Of Caviar has a yearling filly by I Am Invincible and visited Toronado (IRE) last spring.

Ready For Caviar made two starts for one second but has not been seen out since finishing seventh at Pakenham a year ago.

Following Invincible Caviar is her 2yo brother I Am Caviar.

As per breednet

punts2 17th July 2022 11:31 AM

Quote:
Black Caviar's daughter Invincible Caviar looked nice winning at Sale recently.

Invincible Caviar is the third winner from four to race out of the undefeated champion Black Caviar.

Her first three foals are at stud.

The Exceed And Excel filly Oscietra has a 2yo colt and yearling colt by I Am Invincible and visited Churchill (IRE) last spring.

Black Caviar's Sebring colt Prince Of Caviar will cover his second book of mares at Riverbank farm this spring at a fee of $4,400.

The unraced Snitzel filly Out Of Caviar has a yearling filly by I Am Invincible and visited Toronado (IRE) last spring.

Ready For Caviar made two starts for one second but has not been seen out since finishing seventh at Pakenham a year ago.

Following Invincible Caviar is her 2yo brother I Am Caviar.

As per breednet

Apparently, trainer Peter Moody is taking a conservative approach with this daughter of Black Caviar. Likely will see her back this Spring?

punts2 5th October 2022 04:36 PM

Invincible Caviar

Quote:
Originally Posted by punts2
Apparently, trainer Peter Moody is taking a conservative approach with this daughter of Black Caviar. Likely will see her back this Spring?

Just creamed them! Sale R7

punts2 12th March 2023 02:20 AM

Invincible Caviar

Quote:
Just creamed them! Sale R7

And another two wins before spelling.

And racing royalty Winx & her first foal (filly by Pierro) are reportedly doing well.

arnoldz 7th July 2023 12:25 PM

Quote:
And racing royalty Winx & her first foal (filly by Pierro) are reportedly doing well.

That was really great news after losing her first foal, a filly by super sire I Am Invincible.